• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help CMOS clear?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeigeAkicksass

when i clear the CMOS via the jumper dose it only clear the options you have or everything- like alll of it? (im guessing just the options but i wn to check first)

i am temporarily installing a fan w/o a speed sensor (until i can get a new hsf) and it turns off cuz of that thingy in the BIOS makes it but it wont let get in to dis able it ( if you could help me w/ that it would be good too thats my actually problem):(

opps that was a little - er very unclear- i meant i can tget into the bios to turn of the option to make the computer turn off if the fan stops:D
sorry do you get that?

Ok, your mobo has that thing whereby you need to have a cpu fan plugged in, or it won't work, right? Or, if the fan stops...

I don't know about your mobo, so I don't know. Do you have another fan around with a 3 pin connector that you could fool it with? Try that, if you can.

I think I got it: You reset the cmos, which sets everything back to defaults. You are NOT connected to the sensor fan header for the cpu, so you can't get into bios again. Correct?

If so here's the answer: connect the sensor fan- doesn't need to be installed, just hold it out of the case, and boot the pc. Go into bios and disable the shutdown if no sensor fan option, save and exit. Turn the pc off and remove the sensor fan.
Restart pc.
You should be all set.

holding the insert key while booting bypasses the FOC option, then disable it in the bios. you don't need a fan. you only get two because you have the new bios, the interim one that was out had 4 beeps, but it also had a trial version message on bootup on the POST screen, this one's the official release.

i got it to work i extended the mobo cooling fan's coprd so it woudl go the the CPU one and made makeshift cooling w/ the heatshink -t he dragon orb 3 - 2 80mmfns & a duct - its heavy cuz they are so far off so i had to sortof hang it off the top endge of the case and i can t put the side panle back onl- it dosnt work as well though so im gonna gewet a new hfs:eh?:

thaks fr helping ppl!:D

Back