• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

0.805 hrs/WU?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bobt17 said:
well... someone should ask basher then. he would know if its an error in the spreadsheet
I have the spreadsheet too - it's messed up...

I haven't checked all of them, but it's been acting up a little since Berkeley changed some formatting a couple weeks ago. If it looks normal it probably is. Obviously units under an hour are not normal.

Seems like the sheet is right. He did 1655 WU's in a week and dropped his average cpu time 15 minutes(for all WU's completed). That is a big drop for all the WU's he has, seems to me that the 0.805 is correctly calculated. Just my .02

could anyone using his wildest imagination to guess what kinda CPU it'll need to acheive that time?? 0.8hr/WU!!

just curious......:D

XP 3G (real speed, not rating)?? PIV 3.5-4G?? :rolleyes:

lol not a clue thats why i am intrested in finding out how he did it...hmmm what about dual systems like maybe dual xp/mp's oc'd the hell out of??? i dunno lol probly not

EDIT:well... suposedly did it that is

Remember that guy who was completing wu's in 20 minutes? What was his name?...Ice_Tea or something like that? Then everyone found out he had some kind of "bug" in his Seti program that kept returning wu's in 20 minutes for no apparent reason. Needless to say, you can't find Ice_tea anymore on our team :D

Do you think benz got hold of the Clawhammer or SledgeHammer a year before the rest of us? :eh?:

Under the old 3.0 client it was possible to get around 1 hour with an Alpha 21264, but the 3.03 client almost doubled that to in excess of 2 hours. I think the times in that table are mostly old compilations.

The only sub 1hr WUs I've seen from 3.03 have been faked one's created by one of the patched clients. Even using something like the MVS/OS390 client on mainframes isn't going to get sub 1hr results.

Of course it could all be a genuine mistake. I don't like to be the one to call foul.

I sent an e-mail to benz monthes ago...never got a responce. All I have to say is that I don't think he was patching. Now I can not say that for sure. Even Compaq's testing facility can't get those times. Just my two cents.

well, i don't think his time & WU is fake neither!! as a fellow team member, i do trust him, and his work is very very helpful for the team, nevertheless..... (100+WU/day, sure we need that :D )

but i just don't remember i've ever seen him in any section of the forum at all. is he a forum member too? or he's just crunching for the team silently.

'cos i sure would like to meet him.

Back