• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking Abit In9 32x_max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dop3y

I just recently built a new system and everytime i try and overclock my CPU or anything else it gives me an error in the post screen. It says "Warning! System is now in safe mode" No matter what i do i get this. Is there something wrong with my setup or what. I am really new to this so please take it easy one me. I have read alot of articles and even searched it on the net but it is all confusing. Im a straight forward kind of guy. Tell me what to do and i will do it. Just make it clear and not confusing.

My system
Mob: Abit IN9 32x-Max
CPU: Intel C2D E6550 @2.3
Memory: 4G (4 X 1G) OCZ Quad Kit
HD: 160G Maxtor
Video: 2 8800GT in SLI
Sony DVD Drive
750W TT Power Supply

Thanks for any info and help.
Also is it better to run 2G or 4G with SLI ready Memory?

Hi bud ... if i remember when i run my evga 680i motherboard with 4 memory stick ... i get the same issue ... so do you try to run with only 2 stick of memory ... try this first
and let us know ... and maybe desable the epp memory in the bios ...

Hi bud ... if i remember when i run my evga 680i motherboard with 4 memory stick ... i get the same issue ... so do you try to run with only 2 stick of memory ... try this first
and let us know ... and maybe desable the epp memory in the bios ...

I have tried it with only two sticks. If i move the core clock speed up one mhz in uGuru i get the warning System is in safe mode in the post screen.
Ho do you disable epp in memory? I looked i the BIOS and could not find it.
I am not running SLI memory and it doesnt say anything about EPP in the memory specs or info i found on them.
These are the sticks i have: http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr2_pc2_6400_platinum_quad_kit

Last edited:
Back