• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best driver for 7800 GTX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LegolasElf

Hello fellas, i have a really straightforward quiestion. Can anyone possibly point me to a driver for the GeForce 7 series that delivers the best performance? Currently I'm still using the 92.91s and they are a real treat but i think its about time for an update. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Hello fellas, i have a really straightforward quiestion. Can anyone possibly point me to a driver for the GeForce 7 series that delivers the best performance? Currently I'm still using the 92.91s and they are a real treat but i think its about time for an update. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

download the latest nvidia drivers here

I'm still using the 92.91 from Xtreme-G on tweaksrus.com I tried the latest ones from nVidia.com but it seemed like everything was running with -10 fps.

Yes, those are the most recent, but they may not be the best. They are also probably not optimized for the 7xxx series.

I do not know that answer LegolasElf, but I would like to know also. ;)

well that's gonna be a tough one as their are so many driver versions. if you want the best performance try some of the modded drivers from guru3d.
i used to use them back in the ti/fx era and some of them can give quite a performance increase. although sometimes it's at a sacrifice of visual quality.
personally i just use the latest from nvidia's site these days if they cause probs i roll back till the next release. although i have used a few of the beta drivers recently to see if crysis performance would improve on my 7800gt and the short answer is no.

I think so too. As tou can see my system isnt really that great anymore so i try to squeeze as much juice out of it untill this summer when i make the new build.

Back