• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok dont laugh

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mettalic

Registered
i have a sis651 gfx card 64mb it plays fifa07 fine but when I run fifa08 it freezes on black screen. i think i need to overclock the card to run the game. How can I overclock the Sis651 64mb(lol)

and dont tell me to update im waiting for my new parts to be delivered.

Well, just looked up the game and it says this:

Platforms: Windows XP, 2000 and Vista.
CPU for XP/2000: Pentium 4 (1,3Ghz) or equivalent.
Memory requirements for XP/2000: 256Mb RAM
CPU for Vista: Pentium 4 (1,5Ghz) or equivalent.
Memory requirements for Vista: 512Mb RAM
Free Disk Space required: 3,92GB
Graphic card with 64MB ram as minimum (*)
DVD Drive 8x as minimum.
Direct-x 9 or higher installed.
(*) Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce3 or greater (GeForce MX series not supported); ATI Radeon 8500 or greater; Intel 915/945/950/GMA3000. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.
Looks like that card is not capable of running it ;)

I am not aware that you can overclock onboard graphics...

It says 64mb to run it and I got 64mb. It ran FIFA07 perfectly fine I dont know why its struggling to run 08 its bassicly the same.

you cant as far as i know, so your SOL until your new parts come in, fifa 08 i am sure has new things in it that make it more intense in the gfx area

the 64mb if a MIN which basically means if you have 64mb, it is going to play like crap.

ya there is, wait for the new parts....

just because you meant the minimum for ram doesn't mean the gpu is capable of running it.

I have everything ready but to receive the 8800 GT K0 cards is going to take over 20 days! Australia is not receiving enough 8800 GT's. Maybe I could overclock the card or something, because this problem happened on FIFA07 too, and somehow I made it work. Should I reformat then fresh install? Should I lower my resolution? Should I drop the colour quality from 32 bit to 16 bit? Their has to be a way.. I don't want to be stuck 20 days+ with boredemness.

Well for starters, why not play some "real" soccer while you wait for the new parts? You can run yourself silly, and will not have enough energy to play games at night. :)

But you may also try reverting back to older settings; older version of DX... there are so many DX9c's revisions out there, and or your video drivers too.

Overclocking will do diddly squat if the program itself will not initialize.

Have fun playing football,

bryan d

I think Alex was being a smarty pants. =P Get another motherboard and SLi both.

Mettalic,

This is not uncommon that on-board graphics will not run a game, even if it meets or exceeded the minimum game requirements. For this, I am sorry, your going to have to wait it out. For your new card to get in. Unless the game maker can help you. In my experience, they ignore some on-board graphic chip sets, just do not function with the game, or vise versa. If there was another solution, I would be very much more than happy to pass it along. Unfortunately, this is all I can offer. Beside a little insight what is going on.

You do not have a graphics card. SiS to my recollection never made a full blown dedicated card. Just on-board chipset solutions for motherboard makers. You have a graphics chip set. The difference being. One is intergrated on the motherboard itself and utilizes the same resources for the rest of the system.
Another is a dedicated add-on card, that is easy to spot. It is a card in the lower portion of the board. That has a dedicated graphics subsystem via(not Via chipsets) it's own hardware. The big thing is dedicated RAM for card, not sharing system RAM like an on-board chip set. If your missing RAM somehow, It is a big give away your using an on-board graphics chipset. i.e. - missing 64 megs of RAM out of your 512 or 1024 megs of installed RAM. If you have a add-on card, you show most if not all of the system RAM being reported at 512 or 1024, depending how much you have installed.

To sum all this. Your best bet is to play the game that does work, until your new parts come in.

Back