• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QX9650 Sub Zero (I hope anyhow)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
As some of you all ready know, my new cpu has been making it's way down here over the last week, and it's now here!

As dominick32 has got water covered and Surfrider77 should have his any day now, I'll be playing around and testing Dry Ice and maybe some LN2 :)
All the air tests will just have to wait a day or five.

Intel Extreme Quad Core QX9650
OEM L739A664
Abit IP35 Pro
Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC8500 2GB
Gigabyte 8800 Ultra
Zippy G1 600W

To get the motherboard to open up any other multplier than 6, I needed to update the bios to 16 Beta03.

cpuz9xke0.jpg

(screenshot taken in my lunch break)

I can all so tell you I have no cold bug at all, for full Dice temps :clap:

Though when I do get round to air testing it's going to be very hard to tell how I'm going.
Just taken this screenshot and I can tell you I'm sitting here in windows @ -72.4.
Doesn't matter what the temp is, uguru always shows 245c :shrug:

254cby9.jpg

All so please note where I live, it may take a little time to reply to you.

Any how....Let the games begin!!!!

How accurate is that 1.55v and how far you are going to push it? Dom got a little scared (rightly so), I'd hate to be the person who learns what voltage these things crap out at. :/

5ghz is a nice start!

:beer:

1.55v is right on the money, 1.552 with a DMM.

Maybe 1.6 or so on Dice, 1.7 on LN2.

By the way 5ghz gave me 9.29sec SPI and thats with my ram @ 1:1 hahahaha

Wowza. Keep up the good work. I'm not going to bother you anymore...(so I can get some more screenies)

Thanks for entertaining at least 1 US insomniac.

:eek::drool:

That is just...awesome sick Deanzo!!! I will checking this thread frequently to see how you are coming along...please share more...you got our attention. :beer:

push it more!!!!!

looking good, hopefully the q9450 can get here, even if just for a superpi or 3dmark test.

This chip is just nuts!!! the pot never goes under 67c with all 4 cores running.
As I sit here it's @ -73.3

And this makes Two!! and I'm not even pushing it yet, this was @ 5.1Ghz and GPU on Air.
am32838535100kt3.jpg

This ones just for fun, was playing around for the hell of it (not a clean run)

878152924xa5.4e0a506ae2.jpg

Wow! Fast SuperPi! Did you do the change the priority trick too?

Is there any other way to run it :)

300k Aquamark is gonna be fun to see. :)

300+K is very doable

For any one that cares, it takes all most 1.6v (real) to boot @ 5304mhz, not very stable, though I can still write this post ok.

And heres another bench.
pifast182552322ee5.jpg

Waiting for that 90k+ run of 3dmark01....then I'll change the quote in my sig. :beer:

From what I hear, maxed out on them is only like 175W, which is nothing...wouldn't even give a single stage a very hard time, unlike the 65nm variety ;) I'll bet you don't use nearly as much DI or LN2 as on a Q6600. Glad to see the magic dust didn't go to waste :D Bench on...

This chip is just nuts!!! the pot never goes under 67c with all 4 cores running.
As I sit here it's @ -73.3

WOW...very very nice Deanzo!! Suppose I'll be ready to change my sig quote tomorrow...how's "I'm a Very Happy Boy" by Deanzo??....LOL...in all seriousness, very great work....can't wait for the wife to leave this weekend and I get to go shopping so i can try find myself a nice QX9650 and a better mobo.:beer:

Back