• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project 2605

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerix01

Has anyone else been getting these WU's? They run about 4 -5 minutes / frame faster than most other SMP units I get and they give a few hundred more points, woot.

BTW I'm still new to SMP F@H, but 955 PPD is the highest I've seen on this system.

Oh yeah, quite familiar with the 2605s. We love em! 2604s too.

It's the 2608s, 2609s, and 2652s that some of us don't like. :)

oooh... almost forgot, the 2653 is a golden one too. ;)

Last edited:
Yep, I've been getting them.

What project have you been getting, Zerix?

Yeah, on my E6600, the 2604/5s are worth ~660 ppd more than the 2608/9s. That's a HUGE difference, IMHO.

Now just push that Bris up to 2.9-3.0GHz and you'll see ~1360-1400ppd. :D

But beware of Windows with the 2x512kb L2 on that Brisbane... they do considerably better under Linux. The penelty for a 2x1mb L2 K8 is similar but can be tolerated.

Now just push that Bris up to 2.9-3.0GHz and you'll see ~1360-1400ppd. :D

Working on it, I won't feel comfortable playing around with this chip until I get some water cooling action.

But beware of Windows with the 2x512kb L2 on that Brisbane... they do considerably better under Linux. The penelty for a 2x1mb L2 K8 is similar but can be tolerated.

So is that why the Linux client has better performance than the windows one, better cache management?

btw I haven't let Windows touch my computer in a long time.

Back