• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beyond Media

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PLOBBY

I know this is not the snapstream forums, I already posted over there, but maybe this is not software related? I am kind of stumped right now, so any input would help... This is what I posted over there.

Alright, I just started getting a new problem, I though re-installing beynd media would do it but it did not, so I decided I would just re install xp pro since I had been wanting to do it for a while anyways.

When i go to scan for movies, it will start scanning, and then it will get stuck on one, and not move off of it. It has been sitting on the same movies for the past 20 minutes. Prior to this problem I had 112 movies in my library and had just ripped another 5, and went to add them, it went through three of them, and then got stuck on the last two. I deleted those two movies, and tried to add the other three and it got stuck on one of those three.

So i decided I would delete the movies out of the library and rescan them in to see if Im getting the same problem with the movies I already have in there. I deleted the 5 new ones I had just ripped, and went to rescan the prior 112 that were already in there.

It gets stuck on the second one. That when i un installed and re installed BM. That did not work, so I wiped the computer and re installed windows. Now I just got done doing windows updates, installed power strip for custom resolution, all the drivers and what not. Finally back at reinstalling BM, it works. I reinstall dvd library plugin (the latest version) and it goes successfully. But same exact thing happens when I try to add them, it gets stuck on the second one again.

Any ideas?

I have all my movies stored on a File server running suse 10.3 i believe with the latest samba. They are stored on two separate hard drives with strictly movies on them.

1x1tb Western Digital (about half full)
1x500gb Wester digital (240mb left)

They are formatted with the ext3 file system...It is a semperon 2600+ s745. It has 1gb of ram, gigabit Ethernet nic.

Hard drives consist of (im repeating what is up there too)

1x1tb(sata)
2x500gb(sata)
2x250gb(sata)
1x300gb(ide)

None of them are in any sort of raid, just all stand alone.

Again, I am a but lost with this, any ideas?

sorry, I've gave up BM about a week of usage couple years ago. as much as I love BTV, imho BM is a pretty big
thumbdown.gif
! even the development has stopped for quite sometimes. and it's nowhere near as good/customize as Meedio or MediaPortal! even window media center is better than it.

however, I do (and still) looking forward for snapstream to combin both app together to make a more seamless media center.

Well I tried Meedio and it doesn't support the card i purchased (hvr-100) and the only reason I bought BM was because the DVD Library Plug In. Which I found out thats where the issue is, imdb or where ever it grabs its information from for the movies it adds to the library, the links have changed and I am assuming it is just getting confused and basically locking up until you close out. So I just have to wait for an update to come out for it i guess...

you can still use BTV as PVR, but you can use others front end software too. there's many others (meedio, media portal, etc.) has much better DVD/Movie library than BM.

Im trying media portal now...
It scanned 1123 object/files when i only have 120 some movies. And it has many duplicates of the movies, with different files under each. I am currently trying to figure out how to get just the movie to work.

Even MyMovies for Media Center is a terrific DVD Library. It's the best one I've tried so far...but you've got to have MCE/VMC.

Media Portal's library was pretty good though.

Meedio is dead... check their website - got sold to Yahoo!

There is still an open source community keeping it alive at MeediOs. I have no idea what Yahoo did to Meedio...it's nothing like it.

Back