• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delayed Write Failed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ventis

Hello OC forums,

I have a good one for ya. First off I built a comupter for my mother for Christmas here are the specs:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 for Intel
WD 80gig hard drive Sata 3.0gb/s
Intel core 2 duo E4400 ~2.0ghz
MSI NX8400GS
Lite-on 20 DVD+-RW
Corsiar 512mb x2 DDR2 800MHZ

Alright thats the specs, now since she doesn't have any ethernet cable around where she has her comupter. I have to place a wireless network card in her PC. So I used her old Netgear WG311T out of her first build I did for her. It never caused a problem there, but now it does, and I'll explain 'when' it makes a problem.

At first as always install XP all the drivers off the CD for the motherboard, and then to the network card. Netgear had a specific way to do this:

Make sure you install the software before you place the card in. So installed software, shutdown and put in the card. Did that, and it finds it find and works like a charm. Till I restart or shut it down to just test to see if everythings ok. The comupter boots slow, the hard drive constently runs and it take forever to use the start menu, or to do anythnig for that matter. And then that darn Delayed write failed bubble comes up and then it really doesn't do much at all just sits there.

So I uninstall the software, take anything out what i can in safemode and it works. So i thought well its the card, so i bought another one. An MSI PC60G and still the same exact thing.

I have run a quick WD diag test from DOS and it doesn't give me an error but i havn't tryed Memtest86 or whatever it is.

If anyone could help that would be great!

Hello OC forums,

I have a good one for ya. First off I built a comupter for my mother for Christmas here are the specs:

Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 for Intel
WD 80gig hard drive Sata 3.0gb/s
Intel core 2 duo E4400 ~2.0ghz
MSI NX8400GS
Lite-on 20 DVD+-RW
Corsiar 512mb x2 DDR2 800MHZ

Alright thats the specs, now since she doesn't have any ethernet cable around where she has her comupter. I have to place a wireless network card in her PC. So I used her old Netgear WG311T out of her first build I did for her. It never caused a problem there, but now it does, and I'll explain 'when' it makes a problem.

At first as always install XP all the drivers off the CD for the motherboard, and then to the network card. Netgear had a specific way to do this:

Make sure you install the software before you place the card in. So installed software, shutdown and put in the card. Did that, and it finds it find and works like a charm. Till I restart or shut it down to just test to see if everythings ok. The comupter boots slow, the hard drive constently runs and it take forever to use the start menu, or to do anythnig for that matter. And then that darn Delayed write failed bubble comes up and then it really doesn't do much at all just sits there.

So I uninstall the software, take anything out what i can in safemode and it works. So i thought well its the card, so i bought another one. An MSI PC60G and still the same exact thing.

I have run a quick WD diag test from DOS and it doesn't give me an error but i havn't tryed Memtest86 or whatever it is.

If anyone could help that would be great!

I doubt it's your ram that is causing the problem.

Have you tried going into cmd and pinging your router? See if it is losing packets while your comp is running sluggish. I could be way off, but I would try it anyways.

Also, when your harddrive is running constantly, press alt+ctrl+delete, goto ur task manager's process list, and see what's hogging your cpu usage. Could be the first step to recovery.

Currently the only proccess thats catching my eye is mscovmvw.exe its that one for .NET. There has been forums that say disable it in sevices but i havn't yet. Also it seem to only happen AFTER I actually use some type of internet. I havn't gotten a delayed write failed since a few restarts but the computer is soooooo slow

When I uninstall the wireless network card drivers the computers go back to normal operation. Great speeds, I'm kinda thinking its the hard drive.

Back