• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I sell "THE collection"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

I'm seriously thinking about it. It's just gathering dust and doing nothing for me except saying "I HAVE THIS STUFF". Almost everything I have is now playable via emulators and virtual consoles/downloads whathaveyou......

For those unaware of the collection, this is what I'm referring to:

Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
ColecoVision with 2600 adapter
NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Master system with light zapper and 3D glasses
Genesis with CD and 32X
Dreamcast ( NEVER selling this)
Nomad
Saturn
TurboGrafX16
Xbox1
GameCube
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
PSP (will not get rid of)
DS Lite (will not get rid of)
360( definitely keeping)
PS3 (definitely keeping)
Wii (definitely keeping)

Keep the Dreamcast, an original gameboy/gameboy colour, the new gear, and trash the rest. No need holding onto it, like you said just collecting dust and it could put some $$ in your pocket.

(actually if it was me I'd keep the master system too)

I'm seriously thinking about it. It's just gathering dust and doing nothing for me except saying "I HAVE THIS STUFF". Almost everything I have is now playable via emulators and virtual consoles/downloads whathaveyou......

For those unaware of the collection, this is what I'm referring to:

Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
ColecoVision with 2600 adapter
NES
SNES
Nintendo 64
Master system with light zapper and 3D glasses
Genesis with CD and 32X
Dreamcast ( NEVER selling this)
Nomad
Saturn
TurboGrafX16
Xbox1
GameCube
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
PSP (will not get rid of)
DS Lite (will not get rid of)
360( definitely keeping)
PS3 (definitely keeping)
Wii (definitely keeping)

Keep the Nomad and get rid of the Genesis. Sega CD and 32X kinda sucked anyways, actually no kinda about it, they sucked period. I'd keep the Master System, unless you come across a power base converter, then sell the Master System and keep the Genesis. IIRC the only MS game that doesn't work with the converter is F16 Fighting Falcon.

Sell the Gamecube, use your Wii instead. Definitely keep the Saturn and do an import mod, or get an import player cart, and get the many great Saturn games from Japan that never made it here.

Sell the Gameboy, use your GB Advance. I don't know how broad the backwards compatibility is for the 360, so maybe hold onto your first xbox a while longer. Perhaps install linux on it?

Keep the Turbo Graphx16 and Jaguar stashed away somewhere...who knows maybe they'll be worth money as collectibles someday? I'd dump the Colecovision and Atari 7800 unless you are really attached to the nostalgia, Atari 7800 joysticks sucked so bad though.

Definitely keep the NES, SNES, and of course the N64. There are just too many excellent games for all three of those systems.

Get rid of the Xbox. I mean you could use it for Linux... but you already have Linux on your PS3 now. And I can't think of anything else it would be useful for. The rest of the stuff you can put in the basement or garage if you just want it out of the way.

We have a nearly identical list and I am NEVER selling my Neo Geo Gold(partly because Samurai Shodown 2 was never released on any other console.)

My dreamcast still works but it scratches discs for some odd reason. (That's what happened to my copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and King of Fighters 2000 :( )

And I still have my saturn... and maybe an SNES somewhere. But I already have a decent emulator for SNES on everything from the PS2 and computer to the PSP... so it's not like I actually need it or would want to play it on my HDTV. (Come to think of it... I should move my PS2 to the regular TV in the bedroom. Then I'd have a DVD player there and a little gaming system... I'll do that when I finish loading my HD with games.)

Man, the only console's I have every had were an Atari 7800 and a Free Xbox I got with a DSL line years ago.

Havent had either for years now.

I dont get this "Console" craze :)

One word.......Ebay!

Man I sold an original NES and some games and made a killing. I also sold some old Transformers when the movie came out. Nothing like selling off your childhood for some cold hard cash! :D

I've been going through a "get rid of it" phase lately but I'll admit selectively choosing what to toss. Keep the new stuff, SNES, N64, Dreamcast and GBA. The rest is good for nostalgia I suppose? Or as my mother-in-law always says (and it drives me nuts so I'll pass on the joy) "I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you" :p

FudgeNugget I see you don't have the faimlycon & the neogeo in your repatar.

True, while I would've spent the $600 for the NeoGeo, I just couldn't spend $100-$300 per game for it, when the CD came out, it flopped. I think the other one you mentioned, you meant Famicom? Famicom was just he Japanese name for the NES.

You have me beat by a few systems (the ataris and what not were before my time). The only two I have that aren't on there are a 3DO and an Atari Lynx. The 3DO is cool, the lynx sucks. I would probably get rid of them all. I hate clutter though and I've found out over the years that I never really go back to any of my old systems, except for the SNES. I'll keep that one forever, even if just for nostalgia.

True, while I would've spent the $600 for the NeoGeo, I just couldn't spend $100-$300 per game for it, when the CD came out, it flopped. I think the other one you mentioned, you meant Famicom? Famicom was just he Japanese name for the NES.
Oh yes that's right and the dreamcast was the best ever.

See the systems I have and had.

I had a 3DO ( now is the Xbox i guess )

I had the nintendo virtial boy but gave me a head ache.
I had a nintendo 64 and the nes..... I had a gensis hand held game system.

I still have these systems.

1.Gamecube
2.Game boy
3.Game Boy Advance
4.Ps2
5.Atari 2600 "still works great"
6.Psp ( broke it fell )

Oh yes that's right and the dreamcast was the best ever.

That is debatable. I know one award the Dreamcast deserves though - worst controller ever! Or at least it would be up in the running of the three worst controller designs ever (Dreamcast, Xbox "duke" controller, Atari 5200)

DerekDRP said:
I had a 3DO ( now is the Xbox i guess )

Huh?

Last edited:
3DO has nothing to do with Microsoft or the Xbox, it was Panasonic/Phillips/Goldstar/Matsu****a's lone forray into console gaming but failed due to being even more expensive than a Neo Geo and not that much better than a PlayStation.

edit: Oh come the **** on, how does the the ****ty content filter eliminate the name of one of the world's biggest electronics manufacturers just because it contains the word **** (naughty word for poo or FudgeNuggets, if you will ;) LOL ).

Back