• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help No power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drotto25

I went to turn on the new system in my sig tonight and got nothing. No power at all, no fans, no beeps, no nothing!!! I opened the system up and there is not even an led light glowing on the motherboard. So absolutly no power is getting to my machine. My best bet is the powersupply went somehow. The monitor an all other stuff on the same surge protecter is fine. We did not have any electrical storms, or power outages etc. So no reason I can ecplain for this, just I used sytem a few hours before, went to turn it on again and nada. Please help.

OK now 24 hrs later, the machine starts up as if nothing happened. Any ideas on this? Should I go ahead and rma the psu anyway, even though it is working now? This proves that is was the psu and not the mb in my opinion.

never had something like that happen. maybe a short in the case somewhere?

two typos in your sig though.... :)
what's a MIS nvidia. like a nearly nvidia but not quite?
thoughpower?

I wouldn't rma yet, but watch it for anything funny. If it happens more, then test the PSU independently in another outlet. Anyone playing pranks on you? Was it plugged into the wall? Plugged into a SProtector?

Off topic, but I had this problem once when I plugged the SP into an outlet controlled by a light switch :beer:

Try another power cable. I've had three die on me so far. ;)

Tried another plug, and no it was not a prank. What worries me about a different cord is all my others seem lighter gadge than this one. The one thermaltake puts with its havier psu's is like twice the thinkness of any I have ever had.

Personally I am relieved it was a probably psu thing rather than any other component. If something needs to go bad this one seems like one of the better.

The only other idea I had was a built in heat protector, or surge pretector inside the psu was tripped, and it just needed time to reset.

Back