• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm really stumped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Lastnight I went to run 3Dmark2001 to see what I could get. Well up til now I could run the test, but lastnight it told me "out of memory". What does that mean and why did it happen.

Klownin79 said:
Lastnight I went to run 3Dmark2001 to see what I could get. Well up til now I could run the test, but lastnight it told me "out of memory". What does that mean and why did it happen.

Have you tried re-booting to dump the memory?

Yea last night I ran the test but it stopped and said out of memory. So I restarted and tried again half way through the test it said the same thing. This is the only time this has done this I've ran the est many times before.

Were you OC'ed at the time? If so id try and go back to defaults (if you haven't already)...Also did you have a lot of programs running in the background?? or possibly your memory is not seated properly..Just a few things you can check..

The day before I ran it without a problem. The next day I try and I get the message and everything is the same. No I have not O.C.ed my card just the T-Bird( you see I paid for a 1.1 and was only getting 1050 so I up it it to 1.1).

Here`s what the error message says 3D Mark could not initialize your 3D accelerator. Tryto downgrade your display settings. DirectX error Message: set Fullscreen-creating the device: E_OUTOFMEMORY. I tried to run the game at 640x480, 16 bit color and my desktop was set to 848x480 High Color 16bit.

I just ran the program you told me about and it said I have 3% free. How did this happen how do I get it back and is there a OS out there that doesn't do this. Man I never had this problem when I was using PC133 but with that I was running 2x512m.b.

Last edited:
Back