• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very happy with my E6550 2.3Ghz @ 3.5Ghz on air!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KeaBorg

Registered
Well about two weeks ago I bought one of these bad boys from Newegg just to get my feet wet after completely selling my 939 system. All I gotta say is WOW this thing FLIES it's probably one of the fastest systems I've ever owned.
Well, enough talk heres some pictures I took for you guys my rigs specs are in my sig or if I'm missing something feel free to ask me :)

3DMark06 Score:

3DMark05 Score:

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
dont run your ram with that high of volts for 24/7 use. im telling ya they will die even with active cooling on them... you should be able to hit ddr2-11xx with 5-5-5-5-16 @2.2volts with that ram

Evil is right. Those Ballistix die easily. It's ok for benching but not for 24/7 use.

Nice oc BTW!

So what would you guys recommend for 24/7 use? Mine have been running 1066 5-5-5-15 w/ 2.1v for Months.

So what would you guys recommend for 24/7 use? Mine have been running 1066 5-5-5-15 w/ 2.1v for Months.

2.2volts for ram is the highest i would use for 24/7 use. now if you buy ram that has a higher rated voltage then go for it. a while back though it was deteremined that 2.2v for 24/7 use was ok. anything higher even with active cooling can still kill ram.

did you set your pcie speed to 101? also you need to bump the nb volts some more ...

Is that for the 1066 too?
My Crucial ballistix pc2-8500 is specified to 2.2volts according to crucial! So i should be just fine running 2.25v?

Is that for the 1066 too?
My Crucial ballistix pc2-8500 is specified to 2.2volts according to crucial! So i should be just fine running 2.25v?

yeah...you might even get away with 2.3 + active cooling

Why would I need to set my pcie to 101? It's at 100 right now, and an increase in NB voltage is a failure to boot. So it's stock atm.

even though the pcie speed is suppose to be locked like with the older agp/pci boards. we had to increase it 1mhz to get the lock to work correctly.

if a increase in nb voltage is a failure to boot then something else is wrong..... cause i would put money on it that you could do 3.6ghz atm with that setup..

even though the pcie speed is suppose to be locked like with the older agp/pci boards. we had to increase it 1mhz to get the lock to work correctly.

if a increase in nb voltage is a failure to boot then something else is wrong..... cause i would put money on it that you could do 3.6ghz atm with that setup..

I'm all for ideas, hit me up on AIMI or MSN my links in my avatar work correctly :)

Back