• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my god...now i can't overclock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phenolite

k, before i had some older nvidia drivers in...put new ones in, everything worked ok. i could overclock via the display controls. i uninstalled the drivers, then reinstalled, now i can't over clock...and under "bus type" it reads AGP(PCI mode)...i'm clueless

could it be from your BIOS?
theres a choice for display that say PCI/AGP...

dunno if that has something to do with it..

If not there is other software u can use to OC your card

It has been my exerience that the new drivers ( 22.90 and above ) DO NOT support overclocking. I suggest using the 12.90 or 14.61 drivers.

Billy

Billvill said:
It has been my exerience that the new drivers ( 22.90 and above ) DO NOT support overclocking. I suggest using the 12.90 or 14.61 drivers.

Billy

No thats not true,I am running the 23.11 and they are still overclockable,try Geforce tweak utility,it should work.

wildone

Billvill said:

Billy

Man your not using it right then if you think that they wont overclock... I am sure if you change it in the bios from pci to agp it should solve problem.. If not then you have to change it in the video registy..

UPDATE

the card is currently on my older p2-400 machine. the settings say the bus type is AGP...NO pci mode...so i did change the bios to read AGP from PCI...not sure where to change it in the video registry

Re: UPDATE

phenolite said:
the card is currently on my older p2-400 machine. the settings say the bus type is AGP...NO pci mode...so i did change the bios to read AGP from PCI...not sure where to change it in the video registry

try getting a regedit program to see if U have files that are being misused with the video drivers...

really not sure where to look in the registry...i'm clueless... plus, i formatted my pc, wouldn't that clean out the registry? (i let windows set up do it, maybe that messed me up?) thanx guys, merry xmas!!

Back