• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp -> vista RAC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karbon

Very simple question, how will my RAC be affected going from xp to vista x64? I can either use xp pro x64 or vista x64 business (I have both already). I've seen benchmarks showing 64 bit crysis is something like 15-20% faster, and I know that some boinc projects are significantly faster on 64 bit. I don't really care about DX10 at the moment.

Any advice would be helpful

I know there is a specific optimization available for the 64 bit XP and 64 bit Vista too.

However I have not seen any assessments of the penalty/gain experienced by conversion from XP to Vista in SETI yet. You may have the opportunity to be our test case :)

I've been looking over the stats and FPU seems to be the most reliable among different crunching rigs, based on those numbers I would be inclined to say that Vista is in fact a better cruncher than XP. I don't have an opinion on X86 vs. X64 :)

I've been looking over the stats and FPU seems to be the most reliable among different crunching rigs, based on those numbers I would be inclined to say that Vista is in fact a better cruncher than XP. I don't have an opinion on X86 vs. X64 :)

Interesting, I thought that vista would be more efficient, but the system processes constantly using 1-5% cpu worried me a little. Looks like I'll go back to vista this weekend.

Back