• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #77

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 77th in the series of T32 Spotlights!!

NOTE: For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

This time, I'm honored to present you one of our newest Powah Folder......

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Flexy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
ExtremeOC says my first WU was 1/1/04 which sounds like a good day.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
I flew on a B-24 (I think one of the last if not the last flying) about a month ago and found it to be one of the most awesome and scary as hell experiences. If ya get a chance to...do it!

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Fayetteville, GA

How did you initially hear about F@H?
Couple buddies of mine back in high school had mentioned about it (though they were folding for [H]) :mad: So it was a running contest to see who could pump out the most points between us.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
My aunt battled cancer for a good while (she passed away in 2005) and my grandmother has Alzheimer's so it's for them and everyone else's family who has had to go through such events in their life and to hopefully prevent or if anything help contribute in the ways that I can.

What do you do for a living?
Field Support Technician (I fix desktops, laptops and such) for a local school system

What do you do for fun?
Play with my kids and on the weekends have some beers and socialize.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Taking my kids to the playground

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Main rig is an AMD64 3200+ 2.5GHz(10x250), 1Gig OCZ Platinum Rev. 2, MSI K8N Neo2, BFG 6800GT OC

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
At the moment around 200 and hopefully expanding that to 1000 or so (I hope). Most are 2.8/3Ghz P4 w/1gig memory and now adding in the new rigs which are E6300 w/1gig of memory as well.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
Right now I want to finish my BA in History in the spring and from there we'll see where it goes. Accomplishments would be raising my kids and being able to take them to all the cool places in the world that I've had the chance to visit.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I just want to thank everyone for the great community we have here and if anyone has a way of bringing SWG back I'll set some boxes up under your name and praise you forever. God I miss those days. Oh and Stanley Kubrick is the best director ever. Period. Thanks for the interview...didn't expect to get one but I'm flattered to have one. :beer:

Great to meet our newest Powah Folder! :beer:

So what is SWG anyway? I'm always looking for some extra ppd. :D

Great to meet you Flexy. I don't post often, but I am always putting numbers up for Team 32! I see that you bumped up your contribution SUBSTANTIALLY recently, must be those 6300's you were talking about. Good work. And I gotta concur with you, this is a GREAT community.

Side note: I gotta update my sig. I got a new PSU, new memory, and finally got my Q6600... Yeesh

SWG...Star Wars Galaxies - probably one of the greatest experiments of MMORPGs that fell short when SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) had some misdirection in terms of expanding on it(Jedi and holocrons) and basically watched it die in front of them as they tried to salvage it with revamps and overhauls (aka CU and NGE).

However, there is a light in the darkness. SWGEmu was created to bring back what was there before it all went to hell. A group of programmers and such came together to create the server side from scratch in order to play nice with the client that everyone already had. Lineage II and WoW have similar such emulated servers. So hopefully one day the SWG community will be back and get to have the good times that were in a galaxy far, far away.

Anyways, thanks again for all the help and support along the way and getting to know everyone and being part of the best F@H team around. Oh and I apologize to LandShark for the delay on sending this in since he sent me the PM back in like September with the questions :eek:

Awesome folding Flexy, glad to meet you!

wtf0yk.gif

Holy snapping arsoles look at that PPD :drool:

Yea, I had one of those when his ppd zoomed right past mine! :eek:

:D

Nice to have meet you and find out more about one of our members :D

Hi Flexy, nice to meet you and glad to fold with you and the rest of the fine Team 32 folks.

Nice PPD! :drool:

but one thing I just noticed, when did ChasR hit 74k PPD? :drool: :drool: :drool:

zim? is that you? :D

Back