• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know a date when the Samsung F1 drives will be available for purchase?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Farwalker

Registered
The soon to be available Samsung F1 HDDs look like a good storage solution. The models with the highest density platters have 350GB per platter. There will be a so called 320GB (1 platter), a 640GB (2 platter) and a 1000GB (3 platter) model.
The high densities lead to fast read and write times, according to Toms Hardware better than a 10,000 rpm Raptor.

Does anyone know when they are to be available? I have not been able to find the date when they are supposed to be available.

Last edited:
Newegg has the 103UJ (1TB F1 drive) for $279.99 + shipping.
What a drive it is! 3 platter 1 TB drive --> :drool:

They also have the 750GB F1 for $179.99 + shipping.
I'm guessing the 750GB uses 3 250GB platters instead of the 350GB platters the 1TB drive uses.

I think I am going to wait for Western Digital's refresh of the Raptor before I make any HDD purchase.

ancalime,

Thanks for the info. Good to see that newegg has at least the 1TB drive.

I may try two of the 320GB models for my 1st RAID, assuming the price is right. I am hoping that the single platter drives have the same average read and write times as the 3 platter design.

Back