• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows this look? Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That ram is a killer as far as price to performance goes, is there any way you'd think about upgrading your mobo?

Well what would you recommend? because i would like to go for 64bit, and duel core

how about this...

Intel E2160 = $79.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116036
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L = $89.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059
2gigs of ram ddr2-800 $59.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231087
which comes to a total of $231
with reusing everything you have now.

for wireless i would external so i could move it around for the best signal. for the tuners i would do internal since you can get dual tuners on one card.

Thanks that looks good to me, only thing i'm going to change is getting the seccond 2 gig set

Because i wat this to be my lat update for a while

yes, cause 4 sticks will stress the NB more then 2 will when ocing.

I have used 4 sticks before and am using 4 now, it works just fine. But I would do that only if your expanding on what you have. If, in your case you are changing from DDR to DDR2, then I would get the amount you want in as few sticks as possible.

I have used 4 sticks before and am using 4 now, it works just fine. But I would do that only if your expanding on what you have. If, in your case you are changing from DDR to DDR2, then I would get the amount you want in as few sticks as possible.

well from your sig, you only have one oced rig. as well 2 to 4 sticks are fine at stock speeds, but the NB which houses the memory controller on intel boards. gets more stressed with 4 sticks popluated on the board. this descreases ocing a bit as well requiring more voltage to the nb. he could have ddr2-1200 ram but if he poplulated all four banks. even with NB voaltge upped, he wont be hitting ddr2-1200 on the ram.

well from your sig, you only have one oced rig. as well 2 to 4 sticks are fine at stock speeds, but the NB which houses the memory controller on intel boards. gets more stressed with 4 sticks popluated on the board. this descreases ocing a bit as well requiring more voltage to the nb. he could have ddr2-1200 ram but if he poplulated all four banks. even with NB voaltge upped, he wont be hitting ddr2-1200 on the ram.

Sorry, actually all of my systems are oced and all but the Gigabtye (sucks for ocing) use 4 sticks of RAM and yes you may have to bump up the voltage for the RAM, but big deal. The oc on my C2D didn't make a difference if I had 4 or 2 sticks, still 3 Ghz and fully stable. Again, sorry, I just gave up on changing sig all the time.

Anyways, you can do what you want OP, but I wouldn't sink anymore money into a system with a 939 and if I did I sure in the hell wouldn't dump 4x512 of Corsair for 2x1 at that price. Buy a new processor, maybe, but different mem, NO.

Back