• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not exactly a milestone but cool enough

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ploaf

As of 9PM EST time tonight
This goes back to a post a little while back regarding incentive.

robertm just walked right past and took the #4 spot from me. :)

How often can you be glad when someone else knocks you down a peg? although I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow. ;)

Within the next couple of days Ferris will take me down one more peg and there are a whole bunch of folks knocking out some very fine numbers lately.
Oh here's a pic-

Awh! :D Sorry Ploaf! Congrats Robertm! I just added an Athlon 1gig @ 1.2 (for now!). Watch your back! Fold on!

nice job guys but im passing a couple of people this week and hopfully into the top 25 but its under false pretenses. They must be students who are home on break and turned their computers off. I dont want to overtake anyone that way. Leave them things on! you could have done a boatload of WU's because all they would be doing is folding. anyways its nice to move up but we are losing total WU's :(

S_Wilson said:

I've noticed several big producers in the top 20 have stopped or slowed production. Hope they come back, we need all the help we can get.

Yeah. I noticed the same thing. One of our members is currently helping out a new team. Some are away from their systems and couldn't keep them on and I think one or two lost interest or something. There are a couple of people up there capable of 100+points/day

My production slowed recently but it;s mostly from losing wu;s from messing around with the comps.

My production slowed recently but it;s mostly from losing wu;s from messing around with the comps.

I have to do some of that too. Need to do a little work to the watercooling, and raid array on my #1 system. Probably do it in the morning since my wife has to work a half day and won't be here to bother me.

Off topic: How do you get the "quoted by" at the top of your quotes? I can't figure out how to do this.

S_Wilson said:

I have to do some of that too. Need to do a little work to the watercooling, and raid array on my #1 system. Probably do it in the morning since my wife has to work a half day and won't be here to bother me.

Off topic: How do you get the "quoted by" at the top of your quotes? I can't figure out how to do this.

You click on the quote button at the bottom of the specific message that you are replying to :) There is one for each message.

Ploaf said:

You click on the quote button at the bottom of the specific message that you are replying to :) There is one for each message.

How about that. Thanks Ploaf, I had been using the quote in the vB code box.

Well, along these lines and on Christmas Day! :D Just noticed that I have now been bumped to 6th place. Congratulations to Ferris and enjoy your new spot. :)

What a great couple of days. Passed by, not one, but two very fine folders. Wear it well. Very good Christmas present.

BTW. Does anyone want to put a cheery, supportive message in the Folding@Home thread in GD? It's been sitting for a few days with no posts in it.

Thanks Ploaf. It's a Merry Christmas indeed... :D
I can't take all the credit though. I talked a friend into folding and he insisted on folding under my name. He's now a folding fiend. Lucky for me!
Anyway I hope everybody's day was a good one.

It's good when that happens :D
Got a friend who is getting a special deal from me on Folder1, the duron. One catch and he agreed to it- Folder1 must fold for team32 :D so not much is lost but he needs a cheap file server for some private transfers which also means that it will probably have little non folding activity througout most of the day, will be on 24/7 as now and hoping he'll fold with his other boxes, but didn't ask. Hoping to get some more friends interested which is always the best way to do it.

Fightingpiper said:
nice job guys but im passing a couple of people this week and hopfully into the top 25 but its under false pretenses. They must be students who are home on break and turned their computers off. I dont want to overtake anyone that way. Leave them things on! you could have done a boatload of WU's because all they would be doing is folding. anyways its nice to move up but we are losing total WU's :(

hmmmm... I would have left my friends' box on and folding for us, except that they won't let us leave anything but the fridge plugged in, but it still needs to be emptied...

ohwell, in another week I'll be back and folding at 100% :)

fold on!

Well I dont have much time now but I did want to stop and say Hi and sorry ploaf ;) looks like am going to be drop down a peg in the next few days myself ah well just means I need more systems :) Happy Hoildays All

Back