• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Striker Extreme Rev 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadpixel

Registered
010l.jpg

ASUS Striker II Formula(780i) ,780i(680i+BR04) ,Striker II Extreme Soon(790i)

SEems pretty tight but how much is what I want to know.

i would say its gonna run anywhere from 250 up when first release.

well the way this thread is titled it would make you think they fixed 680i. 780i is a die shunk 680i with tru 45nm quad core support. add pcie 2.0 and prolly some other goodies im not aware of. 790i is the one i would look for but as im thinking 790i will be ddr3 only board... time will tell, still havent had my meeting with the guys in green.

well the way this thread is titled it would make you think they fixed 680i. 780i is a die shunk 680i with tru 45nm quad core support. add pcie 2.0 and prolly some other goodies im not aware of. 790i is the one i would look for but as im thinking 790i will be ddr3 only board... time will tell, still havent had my meeting with the guys in green.
Didn't they say the 780i won't even support the 45nm quads?

I think this is suppose to be one of the first "borads" to support "Tri-SLI" configurations

Didn't they say the 780i won't even support the 45nm quads?

well kingpin had a 45nm quad on the board....as i read nv had to respin the 780i die when they finally got some real 45nm quads to test. thats why we are seeing the boards dec 12th instead of last month.

That'd be a stupid move if they do taht. Imagine how much they'd lose against the intel boards then.

well the support for 45nm quads was/is out of there hands. if intel holds back the updates to the cpus then there is nothing nv can do but wait. then release their hardware later then first planned.

this does show how bad intel wants nv to allow sli on intel chipsets. it is a win win for both... as a lot of people on stick to intel motherboards, at the same time there is no telling what the sli numbers look like NV vs INTEL. it may be in NV labs already tested and they dont want them out. as i say we dont know on numbers since we can test sli on intel hardware. some out there can with modded drivers but dont count on that stuff getting loose.

with those many heatsinks and heatpipes I'd say yeah. 300 should be right.

Boy we are getting near to getting a mobo covered with heatsinks

yea the cpu pwm is a main problem, when ocing since they can reach beyond there max operational temp rather quickly. that would then cause voltage problems and could kill the pwm's them selves and possibly the cpu.

i see using sli once i replace my tv, since i now use my tv to game on. sammy 42in dlp 720p, looking at the new LED DLP's since no color wheel, downside is the smallest one is 50in.

Yeah, I just started playing on HD too. Crysis is just amazing! Day and night difference on the big screen. I'm using vga tho, I dont know if an DVI-I to HDMI cable is worth it. Anyone tried it?

Yeah, I just started playing on HD too. Crysis is just amazing! Day and night difference on the big screen. I'm using vga tho, I dont know if an DVI-I to HDMI cable is worth it. Anyone tried it?

I am currently shipping my edition of Crysis to EA for a refund lol.

Also No one quoted but I believe the 780I/790I is suppose to support TRI SLI

Back