• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Asus A8V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
Well I must say I'm disappointed with the flashing of my BIOS. So right I go to flash and install rom ver 229. It went though with the flash said all was good now the PC won't work till I reset cmos then it will try to post and then go blank. Turn it off try to turn it back on nothing till you reset cmos once again.

So does anyone out there have the original driver disk that came with your Asus A8V who would be willing to copy it in a full ISO and mail it to me? Would save me the time of having to pull a second RMA on this board. On the original driver disk for that board is an auto boot BIOS restore option.

Waiting on Asus to open to see if they can help me out if someone is willing to do this for me just send a PM.

Thanks in advance,
AmbientFiction

Crap! :-/ What method you flashed with? Windoze app. or floppy/DOS? Have you tried removing cmos battery/clear cmos for some time?

Wish i had the CD or a copy, I sold my A8V some time ago :(

Hmm, anyway of re-flashing with an older bios via floppy method? You stated it'll boot, but you have to reset the bios in order for the reboot?

Maybe a corrupted bios file?

Going to try and see if I can even find a working floppy drive around here. In the meantime however I am going to call asus and see what they say about version 229

Update:
Talked with Asus RMA Tech and Bios divisions. They are sending me a new A8V driver disk with the Bootblock recoverer. Its gonna take a week of my top folder being down. Will try to get it back up and running in the meantime. However once I have this disk anyone who has the same problem should PM me and I'll make a copy of said disk and send it out to you.

Also as a side note if you have RMAd your board once with Asus then they will send you a BIOS chip free of charge USmail ground.

Last edited:
Got to love the companies who know their products mess up enough to offer niceness in cases like these. Unlike DFI who told me they would make me pay them $45 to RMA a board who's raid channel caught fire and damn near burnt up my case/house lucky I was there when it happened. They told me it was my fault their board was faulty. Tried to play it off like I left a free floating screw in my case. First thing I do is tilt a case in all directions once its built so nothing is in it.

Hoorah system back up and running found a working floppy disk and used afudos to flash out to BIOS 228 doing much better now. She still acts a bit funny with some of the settings in the bios but I'm sure I'll get it locked down in a day or two.

Last edited:
Back