• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW awesome deal on a 8800gt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omniskillz

http://www.ncixus.com/products/27328/88YFF6HUFEXX/Galaxy Techology/

this is the galaxy 8800gt with the 3phase power and their own heatsink/fan for the gpu. the size is smaller than the normal gt because of their non-reference design.

239.34 + shipping + insurance came out to 254.93!!!!

this is by far the best deal. i bit and ordered. :)
just in case people are weary that the picture might be wrong.

NCIX Forum Admin
Rating: 11530 | Rated by 897 Visitors Dec 06, 2007 08:53 PM Reply | Bookmark
Top | Bottom
This is the correct photo, as it was taken by our staff this afternoon from inventory. We expected a stock cooler...

go figure...

doesn't guarantee it , but its comforting .. slightly :)
o well the searching is over for me. i ordered ... so now i play the waiting game, hopefully its not a dud.
i really wanted a diamond hd3870 but so hard to get, esp for crossfire. o well.

Last edited:
FYI for those that don't like to read or miss easy to see things, this is OEM!

Accessories may or may not be included (even though shown in the picture, so you are likely to get them), won't be in a box, etc.

OEM also sometimes means warranty's are altered.

Be weary getting OEM on a graphics card like this...

OEM also sometimes means warranty's are altered.

Be weary getting OEM on a graphics card like this...

got 25 days with NCIX. ill overclock it and run it thru the paces.

if it dies after 25.. ah well :) but i like the look of this card and its not sold in the US. so hey.. ill have a special card and if it overclocks like a champ.. all the better

Although it may not be necessary you my want to consider getting some heatsinks on the RAM and especially the VRM circuits.

Although it may not be necessary you my want to consider getting some heatsinks on the RAM and especially the VRM circuits.

I ordered this same video card and i'm thinking about getting some heatsinks, but i'm not sure which parts on the card are the VRMs (also as a related question: when people refer to video card mosfets on the forum are they referring to VRMs, or are these two things different?)

Ooh, very tempting. I'd be water cooling anyways, so a cheaper card with a wacked out cooler isn't a bad thing. Throw a maze5 on the gpu and stick ramsinks all over the ram and mosfets and it'll look fine to me.

I ordered this same video card and i'm thinking about getting some heatsinks, but i'm not sure which parts on the card are the VRMs (also as a related question: when people refer to video card mosfets on the forum are they referring to VRMs, or are these two things different?)

Technically they may be different things but for most non electrical engineers it probably means the same thing, the power supply and voltage regulator circuitry on the card. The easiest way to know which parts should be sinked is look at a stock cooler and see which parts are sinked on it. There could be additional parts that could use sinking but the old finger test for heat could always be used as well.

I love how their uber-special "lets make it big and red and bolded text" promo price is 1 dollar less than the normal price.

My question is does that 3 phase really make a difference? I know the heatsinks probably does, but you better get ramsinks on there or you'll have cooked ram.

You really think a manufacturer would sell something that will burn up right away??
This card eats up 2xPCI-E connectors. ;)

Also, good to see OS-CON SEPC caps being used.

I'm sorry, SN, but you are a nerd!!! :D :D J/k, you know I get caught saying stuff like that to my brothers & friends.

I've got 3 bros and whenever I say something like that, they're all like, "Ya okay there you weirdo..." I now purposely say things like that, and my father gets a kick out of it (he's a guru of mechanics... he's a mechanic actually, but watches discovery, history channel, etc... every single night)

Why is it that electronics is always linked to weirdos? :) Okay, off to work now...

Interestingly enough this card also seems to come with a dual bios feature (similar to what motherboards have) and also jumpers for voltage modification!

I think this video card uses 1.0ns qimonda chips for the memory, so shouldn't it be possible to set the memory from 1800 default to 2000 without worrying about heat since 2000 is what that memory should be spec'd at (as opposed to 1.2ns chips other cards be using (such as the 256mb version) which are spec'd at 1800?)

My question is does that 3 phase really make a difference? I know the heatsinks probably does, but you better get ramsinks on there or you'll have cooked ram.

Not necessarily. Multi-phase power systems enable you to use smaller components, but it also decreases the efficiency of power delivery (this depends on the duty cycle being employed, but as a rule of thumb, as duty cycle increases, efficiency decreases).

Back