• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with office 07

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

I have had office 07 installed on my computer for a few months now and never had a problem with it until now. Whenever I try to open the program it says, "The application has failed to start because the configuration is incorrect. Re-installing this software may fix the problem". I have tried to uninstall, but it says, "setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run setup again from the original source disc or download location." When I put in the cd and try to reinstall or uninstall I get the same error about a required file being corrupted or not available. Anyone have any ideas?

***BUMP***

Also, in addition to the information above. I forgot to tell you that it is only excel that is not working. Word, Power Point, etc. works fine.

It sounds like you deleted the Office installlation files to save drive space, the installer cannot run sucessfully without all the required files. Have you tried Repair from Control Panel, probably end up with the same problem but it's worth a shot. You may have to manually un-install Office to fix this.

are you running XP or Vista?
if XP go to control panel and add/remove programs for XP
click on office to remove and it should give the options to uninstall, repair or modify - choose repair
here is a tutorial :How to install and to repair 2007 Office features
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611

Back