• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus g92 8800gts for 355.35 + shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am... considering the eVGA because of the step-up program and the fact that I'd be able to step-up to the February releases.

Either that, or at least step-up to the revised GTX / 1GB GTS for shipping plus a few extra bucks.

Graphics cards shouldn't be considered an investment though... :p

I am... considering the eVGA because of the step-up program and the fact that I'd be able to step-up to the February releases.

Either that, or at least step-up to the revised GTX / 1GB GTS for shipping plus a few extra bucks.

Graphics cards shouldn't be considered an investment though... :p

i agree. im just lookin for best bang for the buck at performance i want/need

>=( Damn evga. Why would they ask $380 for a card that performs <5% better than the GT. I wanted to step up to this from the GTS 320, but I paid $300 for that, and im not about to dump another $80 just for the better cooler. (Also, your paying for it to consume a ton more power)

http://en.expreview.com/?p=81

this is stupid

gt should be 250

gts should be 300

they all lied

I paid 230 each for my gt.

Yea but as a replacement for the GTS ~$350 isn't bad, first-gen GTS were ~$350 AFTER MIR aside from a few special deals for a long while. Except for the fact that the GT performs really closely :p this isn't too too bad. I expect prices will drop a bit after the holiday shopping season.

Last edited:
Problem with all the GTs and GTS...is that they have like 4 different clocked versions of them. The GTs are still better in the end.

Problem with all the GTs and GTS...is that they have like 4 different clocked versions of them. The GTs are still better in the end.

what are the G92 GTS model numbers? I can't find these listed at evga. links?

I'm thinking about cancelling my dell order for two 8800GT since it just got delayed 9 days... ordered on 11/25 -> est ship on 12/19 lol

>=( Damn evga. Why would they ask $380 for a card that performs <5% better than the GT. I wanted to step up to this from the GTS 320, but I paid $300 for that, and im not about to dump another $80 just for the better cooler. (Also, your paying for it to consume a ton more power)

http://en.expreview.com/?p=81

Eh... I might not pay it if I wasn't getting the thing for free. But you aren't just paying for the cooler. The GTS has more SP and an enhanced power module... which is WHY it consumes more power. (Though I suspect it won't consume any more than the 8800GTS 640 I have now.)

And electricity? That's just silly. People were using enough electricity for a nuclear sub to power the 7900GTX and the X1900XTX.

PS: The idle difference between the cards is 11w and the load difference is 29w. They must have an alternate deffinition of "huge."

Back