• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I won a E4300 on ebay help plz...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

i won a E4300 on ebay for $80 shipped is that a good deal or not? it was used. it came with a unused retail stock hsf and retail box. what kind of overclock can i expect from it?

Uh. so you won it, then ask for advice? What if you don't like our advise, are you going to just not go ahead with the purchase?

Depends if it is a L2 stepping or a M0 stepping.

Every chip also OCs differnt than other chips, so the exact mhz is hard to say. It also has to deal with user-defined safe voltage. Some of us like using higher voltages and others like stock volt OC and everything in between. Also, it depends on your mobo and ram.

However, saying all that, expect anywhere from 3.0-3.6ghz?

I don't have the chip but from this review:
it sounds good:
Reviewed By: coffee on 5/23/2007
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level: somewhat high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: Out of the box paired with Gigabyte DS3 ver. 1.3/2 gigs of the cheap G Skill 800 RAM I overclocked it to 2.4Ghz. No problems so I set it up to 2.8. No problems so I set it to 3.0 Ghz...still no problems whatsoever...all done with stock hsf and stock voltage! I have scaled it back to 2.4Ghz because it is sooo fast I don't need more. However this chips ability to OC will leave pleanty of headroom for the years to come...worth every penny, don't get the 6000 series, this is your proc.

all the E4300 are L2 steppings, when intel let the E4400/E4500 out is when the E4300 went EOL. that means not stepping update or ect...

imo for $80 its not bad since you can oc it to around 3.2ghz for 24/7 with good cooling and on water you might get 3.3-3.4ghz stable.

Back