• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What FPS do you get on your system in COD4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technoViking

Hey guys just wondering what your FPS you get in COD4.
While your moving and in heavy gun fights and while your not doing anything just standing still.

With all stats maxed out and please say your resolution your running at.
What graphics card and processor.
Thanks!

I'm going to grab some star bucks and i'll list mine!
Just curious.

i play at 1680x1050

every setting at max, AF is half way on the level thing. i get around 70-90 fps in single player

i get around 55-80 on multiplayer on a full 50 player server

Standing: 60 (pop low); 50 (pop high)
Running: 50 (pop low); 40 (pop high)
Smoke: 15 (pop low); 10 (pop high)

Res is 1440x900, textures set to high, bilinear filtering, 2x AA, dynamic lighting low, no softening smoke edges, frame syncing, everything else is on low pretty much. This was done on the laptop in my sig.

-Mobious-

i play at 1680x1050

every setting at max, AF is half way on the level thing. i get around 70-90 fps in single player

i get around 55-80 on multiplayer on a full 50 player server

Everything maxxed out I get:
1680x1050

Multiplayer with 30 or 50 players its about the same 70-90 fps, somtimes will drop to 50-60 FPS if there are airstrikes right besides me. But still no game lap when it drops to 60 FPS.

ocdb9.jpg

oc2hw2.jpg

Last edited:
Also, keep in mind that if you want more frames, COD4 has a lot of config changes you can make for extra frames. I personally don't use any of them because I like good quality video without any corners cut, but others do and you can get anywhere from 10-30 extra fps if you need it.

It runs very smooth maxed out 1440x900, with 16xAF enabled in CP.
Never stutters :D

i would hope it never stutters with your set up.

AF is a free b with 8800's. if there was a setting for 32X i bet it would not do anything to performance

anyone else think the game was too short?

I just bought it tonight and finished it in 3 hours...

to be honest i didnt think it was as short as people are making it out to be. i think it was ok. it could be longer for sure but its not a damn rpg game that takes 60 hours or more.

I never finished the game, I bought it for multiplayer only, as I do all my games. I thought it was a fantastic game because of everything UnrealAlex said.

It's only short if you play it on easy mode! I'm on veteren and just now passed the Airship level and it has taken me multiple hours. :p

i get around 50-60fps i'd say with everything maxed out except no AA on, @ 1680x1050.
System in sign. With AA on i'd get about 30-40fps, and that's too bad. But i can't see any difference in quaility imho between AA on or of. Don't know what to look for i guess.. :)

Last edited:
Everythign on low except AA, which is at 8x, at 1920x1200 I get around 40fps in heavy fire fights online (50 person servers), maxing at about 60fps with nothing moving.

I'm definitely going to treat myself to a GT or new GTS after Christmas. I want some damn eye candy! :santa2::beer:

Everythign on low except AA, which is at 8x, at 1920x1200 I get around 40fps in heavy fire fights online (50 person servers), maxing at about 60fps with nothing moving.

I'm definitely going to treat myself to a GT or new GTS after Christmas. I want some damn eye candy! :santa2::beer:

at the resolutions i would get something more than 512

1920x1200 will need all the video ram you can get

i play at 1680x1050, maximum ingame settings, nvcp set to high quality, clamp, multithread, and triple bufferring. most of the time i get 60-90 fps, but ive seen dip to the high 40s with it gets thick.

Back