• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optimized BOINC client

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Installed it on my main rig.. though, SETI doesnt work anymore.. so Im still on Cosmology@home.. God I miss SETI.. *cries*

Anyway.. not sure if its gonna make any difference.. err.. at all, but I love optimizations :) Thanks for the post!

Know what really ****s me off? (forgive the language.. itll get starred out anyway.. I just felt the need to type swear words :))

10/12/2007 4:54:30 a.m.|SETI@home|Sending scheduler request: Requested by user
10/12/2007 4:54:30 a.m.|SETI@home|Reporting 15 tasks
10/12/2007 4:54:46 a.m.|SETI@home|Scheduler request failed: server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
10/12/2007 4:54:46 a.m.|SETI@home|Deferring communication for 1 min 0 sec
10/12/2007 4:54:46 a.m.|SETI@home|Reason: scheduler request failed
10/12/2007 4:54:51 a.m.||Time passed...reporting result(s) now.
10/12/2007 4:54:51 a.m.|Cosmology@Home|Sending scheduler request: To report completed tasks
10/12/2007 4:54:51 a.m.|Cosmology@Home|Reporting 4 tasks
10/12/2007 4:54:56 a.m.|Cosmology@Home|Scheduler RPC succeeded [server version 601]

I mean what a kick in the balls. I can report fine with ANY project EXCEPT SETI. GRRRRRR!

ok done, thanks

set cpu power from 60% to 90%, so that I can get more crunching done :)

Out of interest, why are you setting the CPU power? are you running something else in the background? Setting the cpu power doesnt mean it will use X% of the CPU all the time, it means it will use it for X_seconds then will have a break for 100-X_seconds, where X is the cpu power in %.

Overheating issue or?

Either way, :welcome: to the team!

Well so far it's running no crashes:)

I haven't done a comparison between the different versions, but the CPU benchmarks in Seti were a few points higher.(both the floating point MIPS (Whetstone), and the integer (Dhrystone)) and it seems to upload the results better. ie, when I open the Boinc Manager I don't have a bunch waiting to be uploaded like I did before.

Like anything else, YMMV, do not mix with alcohol, do not operate heavy machinery, don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze that way etc.:beer:

Upon a little looking around, "Today i've released a new boinc client that features cpu affinity and a delay return resuls immediately." This is from Crunch3r 's Boinc message boards. link to thread

I also re-installed the old client on my Opty rig and it doesn't look like the times are any different.

Last edited:
Back