• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking X2 5600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

hey, I'm fairly new on the forums, been lurking on them for a while, and finally got the guts to decide to attempt overclocking my new system.
I have the X2 5600+, and the ASUS M2N-E m/b, with 4x 1Gb OCZ dual channel DDR2 ram.
trying to overclock from the bios never works, as once windows boots up, the cpu speed is always back at 2.81GHz.
also using the ASUS tool, allowing overclocking from inside windows doesnt work either, as soon as i attempt the update, either a minute or two later, it resets the clock speed, or the computer will just lock up, and when i restart it, the clock speed will be back to normal.
any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks,
Kevin

hey, quick question about my board...
i now goto boot, and i get the post beep, and then it sits at the ASUS AI loader screen.
it sits there indefinatley, until i manually reset it.
and ideas as to why this might be happening?
i only get a single beep, and then it just sits there.
this was just after a simple reboot, was gonna load up into xp, instead of vista.
no overclock attempts were made.
to be on the safe side, i pulled the battery, then had myself a little nap, and then put the battery back in, and still the same problem.
a little help please?

Turn off AI in the BIOS, sounds like it is attempting to run it's own settings.
First I would go into the Advanced screen and load optimized settings and boot into widows. This will set hidden timing back to normal. Then reboot and attempt the manual overclock with AI disabled.

Back