• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok, how to overclock this card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

i was overclocking my 6600gt (i know im getting a new one soon) with coolbits, i did some reading, do you overclock with rivatuner and check it with atitool? is that how its done?

ok so i ran atitool first, i dont see a setting for fan speed, thought i read that somewheres, and how do i monitor temps on card? atittol seems to work just fine, why dl and run rivatuner ?

ok so i ran atitool first, i dont see a setting for fan speed, thought i read that somewheres, and how do i monitor temps on card? atittol seems to work just fine, why dl and run rivatuner ?
rivatuner2.jpg

There you go ;)

hardware monitoring in riva shows temps? i think im starting to understand , the hard way, you use atitool for the scan for artifacts feature? but overclock with riva? cuz i just tried the find max core, what a mistake, i know that coolbits got it to 500 b4, this thing went to 552 then locked up , i was watching going what the hell? then i found a thread on not to use that,lol, i rebooted , think im ok now as settings are back to default

hardware monitoring in riva shows temps? i think im starting to understand , the hard way, you use atitool for the scan for artifacts feature? but overclock with riva? cuz i just tried the find max core, what a mistake, i know that coolbits got it to 500 b4, this thing went to 552 then locked up , i was watching going what the hell? then i found a thread on not to use that,lol, i rebooted , think im ok now as settings are back to default
Oops, that is the wrong pic :beer:

Same menu list, just do the first picture. The one that looks like a video card.

well atitool is deleted, i didnt like that at all, now ill try rivatuner, and see how it goes,seems coolbits was very simple comparitively

i still dont see the temps in riva , maybe im blind, and it seems you can only lower fan speed not make it faster, im not sure why you would wnat to do that ...............what program is the best to test for artifacts after changing card speed??

mmmmmmmmmmmmm something strange is going on, i have core set to 561 and mem set to 1101 in riva, when i click hardware monitoring(which i found is where core temp is listed) it says my memry clock is 1098.68 which is pretty close to 1101, but its saying my core clock is 299.25, which is no where near 561.......................wtf?

well best thing i can figure is its showing me the 2d settings cuz im on desktop? then it goes to higher settings when actually in game using per 3d?

im raising the 3d performance, where is the after speed in monitor? in 3d performance its set to 566/1129 , apply at startup is ticked, in low power 3d it reads 500/1129, but i am unable to move sliders at all,apply at startup is greyed out, standard 2d it reads 300/1129, but the slider for core only goes up to 450, and the startup is ticked, when i try to untick it, it asks me a question about restore or something , if i chose no it keeps asking me so i have to chose yes and it rechecks startup .......................so i dont know wtf is going on but in monitor it says my mem is 1134 and my core is 299.............

Last edited:
You have to run a 3D app to get the 3D clocks to come on. That is where I use ATI tool b/c you can have windowed 3D.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm something strange is going on, i have core set to 561 and mem set to 1101 in riva, when i click hardware monitoring(which i found is where core temp is listed) it says my memry clock is 1098.68 which is pretty close to 1101, but its saying my core clock is 299.25, which is no where near 561.......................wtf?

It only flips to 3d when you are gaming/benching.

Coolbits may be a bit easier for you to use.

You have to run a 3D app to get the 3D clocks to come on. That is where I use ATI tool b/c you can have windowed 3D.

well i reinstalled atitool , and when i raise the speeds to the same numbers i have in riva, 566/1129 i then cilck set clock and my monitor goes black and shuts off and i have to reboot

ati tools is telling me this , 2d- 300/564 low 3d-500/564 3d per-566/564 , so the cores are all the same as riva but the mems are all diff, 564 instead of 1129

1. Don't mess with the clocks in ATI Tool.
2. Don't trust the clocks from ATI Tool.
3. Temp reading appears to be fairly accurate from ATI Tool.
4. Only OC from Riva Tuner.
5. Monitor current clocks and temps from Riva's hardware monitor.

i see, you use the window in ati to run a 3d app and watch temp in riva in systray? i dont see a temp reading in ati anywheres

well with 3d window running in ati and riva in systray , its telling me my temp is hovering around 93, is that ok? and what is too high?

Last edited:
Back