• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No post from my 8800GT..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Just got my 256MB 8800GT.

Plugged it in and fired her up. The fan must be going at 100% and I have no output on monitor.

Soooo sad :( I have been waiting hours for this.

Any ideas?

SHE LIVES! I just put her in my Celeron 420 rig and it worked right away.

WTF? Don't tell me my TF7050 won't accept my new 8800GT :(

EDIT: Just put it back into my TF7050....still no post. Fan just runs full speed and thats it. I don't understand :(

Last edited:
Does it have another PCIe slot to try?

Its not an SLI motherboard.

As I said, the graphics card works fine in my GA-P35-DS3L, but it won't post in my Biostar TF7050-M2. I don't understand why it wont. I've never heard of compatibility issues from motherboards to graphics cards :mad:

I wonder if its a PCIx version problem? Maybe it doesnt support 2.0?

You running current bios on it?

Its not an SLI motherboard.

... I've never heard of compatibility issues from motherboards to graphics cards :mad:

Oh, it happens. Had me a 6800 agp that would not work in a K8N-E with the DVI out put, but in a Abit board I had (think kV8pro) it worked fine.

It's your Biostar mobo. There are a number of threads on the net about the Biostar mobo's not being PCIe 2.0 compatible. Rumor has it that they are working on a bios update.

It's your Biostar mobo. There are a number of threads on the net about the Biostar mobo's not being PCIe 2.0 compatible. Rumor has it that they are working on a bios update.

Oh great.... :/

Yep. Just looked it up:

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=158518&mpage=1&key=��
Some more boards:

[Video Card]: 8800gt
[Motherboard]: Biostar TF7050-M2
[Symptoms]: incompatible
[Solution(s)]: None at the moment. Waiting for BIOS update

Well that's ****ed me off big time :mad:

EDIT: OMG ITS ON TAIWAN SITE!!! YES !!!! http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/bios.php?S_ID=182

Back