• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'I Wanna be The Guy' (Yes, it's a game title.)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aethis

Registered
It reminds me of Mega/Rock Man.... if he only had one bar of life on his life gauge. The game can be quite difficult at times, but I think it's part of its charm. It also has home to quite a few game themes to it as well. Don't know if anyone's played it yet or not, but you can find it here. http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/index.php
(Be cool, get the fs(fullspeed) version and not the slo-mo one.) It does support game-pads as well, just so you know. You'll have to select to use a pad when you start it from its menu, though.

I don't really get the "reminds me of Mega/Rock Man" bit. It's a blatant ripoff of several games, the screenshots are proof of that, even with the Zelda screen. I'm all for indie developers, but they need to have a bit of originality at least.

This.Is.Awesome.

If you want an original indie title, try out Cave Story. (Doukutsu Monogatari)

This.Is.Awesome.

If you want an original indie title, try out Cave Story. (Doukutsu Monogatari)

I still haven't played that one yet... I have the translation patch and such, but just haven't gotten around to installing it and playing it.

I still haven't played that one yet... I have the translation patch and such, but just haven't gotten around to installing it and playing it.

It's seriously quality enjoyment (metroid-like gameplay). I think the game isn't too long, 3-4 hours IIRC

Back