• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeping Your Case Clear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xgtdec

Now im finished building my machine and it all works with no problems, has anyone ever noticed how messy a case can look....the more cool stuff ya have like cathodes and digital temprature readers and imon media controllers the more messy your case looks, as compared to when ya buy an alienware machine of a similar spec and all is so neat and precise, Has anyone got any keep case tidy tips??

Now im finished building my machine and it all works with no problems, has anyone ever noticed how messy a case can look....the more cool stuff ya have like cathodes and digital temprature readers and imon media controllers the more messy your case looks, as compared to when ya buy an alienware machine of a similar spec and all is so neat and precise, Has anyone got any keep case tidy tips??

Dremel, zip ties, modular psu, creativity! All I can think of atm..

Hide your cables.

It also depends on your case. Som ecases have tie down points, which will allow you to use cable tie downs (I prefer Velcro since they are reusable, but zip ties work too). Route cables behind th emother boards, bundle unused PSU cables somewhere out of view, an unused drive bay for example.

lol...all sounds good....i think i just have to much crap in there....but in all fairness most people think it just look really futuristic....

lol...all sounds good....i think i just have to much crap in there....but in all fairness most people think it just look really futuristic....

Wire-management FTW, if you don't do the things people have said above, I don't care how many flashy lights or futuristic your case looks, its still messy... And messy is ugly (unless your a hot blond chick with a messy room, then we can mange to work around messy being ugly). If you got too much stuff in there, clean it out, figure out what you don't need and where you can put stuff. Plan it out before hand, take apart your case and re-route all the wires so they are hidden or at least in one continuous area. If you can't do these things, think about it when you buy your next case.

the problem with most messy cases is people just add to much crap they think looks cool, but is useless and just makes more mess, like media bays and lcd sensors panels and a million fan controllers.

to get really neat, sometimes you need to make your own wires, right length and size, hide them with sleeving and such,

Well, if you have a dremel, your case can look like this:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/thideras/Computer mods/IMG_0906.jpg
That is with everything installed btw ;)

Basically, you just do this:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/thideras/Computer mods/IMG_0903.jpg

Man...I miss my Armor...:cry:

That thing was so modded it was funny. It weighed alot less than a stock one though :beer:

I wonder what that person's house looks like...

Prob pretty clean, but reading what he said hes not the richest man in the world or anything, he said the 8800ultra's need to come down in price before he can afford to get another... and hes got a 6600 quad core not like its the most expensive thing in the world... but he seems very modest.

If you get the right case, that can help a lot.

Here is mine.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/Indysailor/ANTEC P182/P1010018.jpg

And were did the cables go?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/Indysailor/ANTEC P182/P1010022.jpg

Back