• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer won't start game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zacdrew

I found BF1942 todays and suddenly got the urge to go back and play this game. Especialy because I can now play on all maxed settings. But After I installed it I cant start the game. I click on the icon. I get the splash screen then everything goes away. It doesnt try to start it just shows a splash screen. Im getting really annoyed. The first time I rebooted and the game started. Now it won't. Any help. This tower is about to go out the window soon cause Ive had nothing but trouble with it.

Have you done any Windows updates lately? There were some new ones this week. If your on winXP try restoring to a point before they installed.

do a CTRL ALT DEL and end the process for it...then try again.

This happens with LOTR BFME II for me sometimes.

do a CTRL ALT DEL and end the process for it...then try again.

This happens with LOTR BFME II for me sometimes.

It does not start the process. My DVD drive jst spools up and runs full tilt for about 30 sec and stops. No processor activity, nothing, just noise.

Have you done any Windows updates lately? There were some new ones this week. If your on winXP try restoring to a point before they installed.

Not sure if I have any new updates installed. I reformatted on Tuesday and my only restore point is yesterday before I installed the game.

Thanks for the input any other suggestions would be greatl appreciated.
Cheers

I found BF1942 todays and suddenly got the urge to go back and play this game. Especialy because I can now play on all maxed settings. But After I installed it I cant start the game. I click on the icon. I get the splash screen then everything goes away. It doesnt try to start it just shows a splash screen. Im getting really annoyed. The first time I rebooted and the game started. Now it won't. Any help. This tower is about to go out the window soon cause Ive had nothing but trouble with it.

If your running Folding@home or Seti, try shutting it off then relaunching game.

bump....any suggestions? I called EA and they are useless. I know this game is outdated but it way to fun to give up on.

Back