• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SuperPrime] - the new Prime Benchmark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
SuperPrime is a new benchmark currently in development and is a mix between Super Pi and Prime. It has alot of nice features and is of course multi-threaded...the only downside is you need .Net Framework to run it. If you have .Net 2.0 or higher installed already it's worth taking a look.

You can DL version (current as of 12/15/07) 0.9.8.3 HERE if you'd like to give it a go. Post your result and we'll see how this is doing on different platforms.

sprime_2.jpg

Ok you got me, how do you run this thing ?

superprimebt2.jpg

That should work (32M)...then just click the green arrow below the drop-list. @ 5.5GHz this should be good! :D

Beware this is rather stressful similar to Prime95 in this latest version, I would'nt go for any of the longer tests unless you've got nothing else goin on ;)

, I would'nt go for any of the longer tests unless you've got nothing else goin on ;)

I had a plan for the night, but I keep getting sidetracked :beer: so why stop now :santa:
The issue I was having, was it would just close down.
Looks like 5.5 was to much for it, I'll try 5 now.

superprime3ghzxb8.jpg

Edit, Opps....Only had two cores running...supposed to be trying 3D05 with Vista with the card on LN2 as well.

I'll come back to this later.

Hi El<'>Maxi!

Well, it seems to run fine here. FWIW, it seems a little superfluous to run CPU-Z, since it shells its own copy, whether or not it's currently running. It does indeed seem to stress things, though! It's also interesting to see the relatively small variance in scores with clock speed so far (unless my system's simply hosed). Perhaps, unlike many other benchmarks, they don't use a "divide by ~0" technique to artificially inflate top-end scores?

SPrime-0.png

Thanks for pointing this out!

Cheers!
MarkF

P.S. As a data point, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 SP1RC1

Last edited:
Hi, El<(')>Maxi!

Doh! This definitely hasn't been my night. First, the PiFast #1 fiasco, and now this. Sorry, gang - I think I need a little more sleep! :)

Have Fun!
MarkF

Easy to use, I might update later when I'm not in the middle of doing stuff.

random off topic question: is it worth it to try using tighter timings on my ram? Also, after I get my 8800gt I plan on getting back into benchmarks.

I got bored and tried answered my own question about ram timings, not sure of the results though. After about 10 tests at 4-4-4-12 and 5-5-5-12, the latter was always faster.

this looks like fun....subscribed for my future results

i am at a library now...have to wait until I get my house hold goods in Korea.

Not quite in the same league as the quad core Intels, but here it is for what it's worth!

Attachments

• superprime.JPG
    superprime.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,851
Figured I'd give this a try. Don't worry about the temp reading in Everest, its bugged sometimes. This is at 4320/480fsb ram 1:1 5-5-5-15 and 1.440v idle.

th_14140_superprime480fsb_122_1056lo.JPG

Back