• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why does riva read this way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

ive seen guys getting 650/1400 in an oc on an x1950rpo................why does the stock settings in riva read 573/688 ? 688-1400 seems like an awful big jump to me, is mem displayed differently in riva?

i dont have 2d or 3dview tab, i did notice that the same version of riva installed completely different with each card i tried it on...............this one says 573/688..................is that showing half the mem?

It is displaying the current actual Mhz of whatever it is doing now.

RAM MHz is DDR (Double Data Rate) So the actual MHz is half of what it says.

Core is probably on 2D or the jump between frequencies is high... when you are looking at in Riva, load up ATi or another 3D and it should go back up to whatever you set the OC to.

i havent oc yet cuz im not sure what to set it to in riva, ati says 573/1377............when you say the actual mhz is half of what it says you mean double correct? cuz twice 688 is 1376 which is pretty dam close, so if i wanted say 625/1400 id actually be setting it to 625/700 in riva right?

ah, there was a hidden tick, show effective memory clock setting, now it reads double, i just wanted to be sure, well i got it 621/1404 running 67 load in a room thats 88 degrees, good enuff for me....................stock fan going as fast as shell go

Back