• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmark06 prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Hello all,
I tried to run 3dmark06 and all it will do is scramble my monitor, and while that is going on, my computer or mon says it will go into power saving mode in so many seconds...I am running my video card at 800x600 because I only have a 17" mon and it really blows as far as video quality..is that the problem? do I need to change the rez b4 I get a good run?
Thanks in advance,
Rod

The test runs at 1280x1024 by default, that is why it scrambling ;)

Hello all,
I tried to run 3dmark06 and all it will do is scramble my monitor, and while that is going on, my computer or mon says it will go into power saving mode in so many seconds...I am running my video card at 800x600 because I only have a 17" mon and it really blows as far as video quality..is that the problem? do I need to change the rez b4 I get a good run?
Thanks in advance,
Rod

Come on, a 17'' will support at least 1024x768. Also, a 17 '' can support 1280x1024 if you turn down the hz.

Scrambling probably is because the hz is too high!

Come on, a 17'' will support at least 1024x768. Also, a 17 '' can support 1280x1024 if you turn down the hz.

Scrambling probably is because the hz is too high!
You do realize that a projector is a LCD screen with a light behind it, right? You can't "just turn it up".

The rez is 60hz, the mon is a POS gateway EV700, and it has a 16" viewing area, and I'm near 50 yrs old (feb) so I can't read the stuff at 1024x768, let alone 1280x1024, although I do kik it up to 1024x768 while in game.
I will eventualy get a LCD, but I'm waiting on a 2ms responce time and a good price. You can get a 19" LCD, but the responce time blows unless you pay a hefty price.
But I will try to get the benchie going at 1280x1024, but I'll have to turn it right back after the benchmark.
Thnks
Doc

if you are having problems when say reading content in web browsers @ 1024x778 then here's a tip use CTRL and the + ( numeric keys) to change the font Size and CTRL and - to reduce font.
There are some sites I too have to Use this method as there fonts are to small.

Hope it Helps

Back