• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensor question(s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pathfinder

Hi, New to extreme cooling. I would like to build a chiller for my system. I have an old 5000 btu system and was considering using the compressor out of it, but I would like to build the system small and compact as possible. I would like to replace the condensor with something a little more compact than using the stock one in the ac unit. Any suggestions?

www.under-the-ice.com has what your looking for. You need to think about the ambient temp, superheat, pressure, and the refrigerant you plan to use to determine how small you can go.

When the gas exits the compressor it is pretty hot in most cases. The pressure you will be working with dictates at what temp the gas will condense at. So if you have a condensor that will cool the gas to ambient temp then you can run less pressure on your high side. Having lots of pressure causes stress on the whole system so it is kind of a balancing act.

A chiller has no direct load like a Direct Die would so a smaller condenser would probably work with most refrigerants.

I am sure someone like NoL will come and better explain it because his knowledge far surpasses mine on the subject.

Back