• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I have a e2140 over clocked to 2.8 ghz 1.365vcore (in bios), running occt I get temps up to 49c is that bad for 24/7 use or should I get a new cooler. Also what are some cheap good hsf. Thanks

I have a e2140 over clocked to 2.8 ghz 1.65vcore (in bios), running occt I get temps up to 49c is that bad for 24/7 use or should I get a new cooler. Also what are some cheap good hsf. Thanks
What cooler are you using? We need alot more info, how is case airflow? How good is it mounted? How much paste did you use? Is the heatsink making full contact?

And WOW, why the high voltage??

I typed the rong vcore its at 1.365, Im yousing a cooler master vortex tx with a extreamly powerful after market fan. My case air flo is ok, It is mounted tight with a smoll dot of thermal paste (arctic silver 5).

I typed the rong vcore its at 1.365, Im yousing a cooler master vortex tx with a extreamly powerful after market fan. My case air flo is ok, It is mounted tight with a smoll dot of thermal paste (arctic silver 5).
What mounting method does that cooler use? Through the board mounting? If so, check to make sure that all four pins are completely through the board.

If not, you can look elsewhere, but you are getting pretty decent temps ;)

It has skrews, the temps are 28c at idle, 40c ish normal youse, and 49c on occt. Do you know of any good coolers that are cheap? My cooler is the same size as the stock one exept it is all copper and the super fan. Do you know how tight the skrews should be cause i didnt tighten them alot because the mother board was bowing.

It has skrews, the temps are 28c at idle, 40c ish normal youse, and 49c on occt. Do you know of any good coolers that are cheap? My cooler is the same size as the stock one exept it is all copper and the super fan. Do you know how tight the skrews should be cause i didnt tighten them alot because the mother board was bowing.
Bowing of the motherboard is fine. As long as it isn't REALLY bad.

I recommend the entire ThermalRight lineup, great heatsinks.

Thanks, how much is really bad.
If you can find Bing around here, he has a installation guide for the stock heatsink, he shows how much it bows, let me see if I can grab it for you.

Edit: Can't find it :(

Back