• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uGuru to good to be true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

p e r p l e x

Registered
Q6600 Disaster

Quad Q6600 G0
Abit IP35 PRO
OCZ DDR2 800 5-5-5-15
Thermaltake V1
Antec Nine Hundred
700 Watt Power Supply
Windows Vista x64

Idle, 40 degrees
idlexe9.jpg

Stress Test, 70 degrees
stressae3.jpg

Last edited:
Give us the full spec of your system. you have your board and cpu, but what ram, gpu and powersupply are you using. then we know where to start from!

:welcome: to the forums

Thank you very much :)

Quad Q6600 G0
Abit IP35 PRO
OCZ DDR2 800 5-5-5-15
Thermaltake V1
Antec Nine Hundred
700 Watt Power Supply
Windows Vista x64

I can run the stress test and find the temps, just alittle help on what is a normaltemp and help with the overclock.

Last edited:
gimme just a min i need to reboot the computer to make sure which screens to go to...

ok go to Advance Bios Features-->cpu features, there you can disable the EIST and C1E state.

ok go to Advance Bios Features-->cpu features, there you can disable the EIST and C1E state.

Appericate it :)

*update

Ive turned both of those off, and changed the FSB to 333. Time for a stress test, what temps are acceptable?

I used uguru on mine (almost exact same setup)

BIOS clocking is better, because certain things will change on restart that wont happen when windows clocking (subtimings loosen, auto voltage changes)

But it is very useful to start with, by finiding max stable at stock volts.

Have you tried reseating the heatsink? 80C seems to be really high for such a low voltage.

Ill try that it is unreal that it jumps so high, my memory timing is 5-5-5-15 can that affect the temp? Also im supposed to be reading the Core temps right?

Memory shouldn't affect CPU temperature at all. Do you have some thermal paste for when you reseat your heatsink? You should clean the heatsink with some rubbing alcohol and qtips and/or clean coffee filter before applying new thermal paste to your cpu. Make sure the sink is dry first of course.

Memory shouldn't affect CPU temperature at all. Do you have some thermal paste for when you reseat your heatsink? You should clean the heatsink with some rubbing alcohol and qtips and/or clean coffee filter before applying new thermal paste to your cpu. Make sure the sink is dry first of course.

thanks man, im going to go do that right now

All right well I am going to strip the mobo out of the case and rewire, twist tie the loose cords and make a trip to computer store to buy some thermal paste. Anyone have a preference when it comes to the paste?

Are you using the heatsink that came with your CPU? Expect very modest OC ability from that, and consider getting an aftermarket heatsink if you want to get the most out of your chip.

Back