• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Control via BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omsion

Abit has sort have become well-known for uGuru and the level of control it gives the user over just about evreything, including fan control. This level of control is why their IP35 (probably IP35-E, maybe V, since the only apparent difference is the level of chipset cooling and RAID) is my first choice for my upcoming build.

However, it's always good to have other options, so I'm wondering what other mobos offer this level of control over their fan headers (and other stuff, for that matter).

also the lower IP35's do not have UGURU, they only have Abit EQ monitoring. i think the only other boards that might have this control. are the higher end ASUS and some low to highend gigabyte boards.

also the lower IP35's do not have UGURU, they only have Abit EQ monitoring. i think the only other boards that might have this control. are the higher end ASUS and some low to highend gigabyte boards.
See, this is the information that's really hard to find (which is why I come and ask :D). Thanks for the info. Time for more looking, then (still have a month or two :p)

EDIT: Might as well ask, do the lower-end IP35s fanEQ still have fan control in bios that is similar to Pro? Since uGuru itself is not a major loss.

Last edited:
Found myself the manual.
IP35E has mobo control for 2 fans (CPU/SYS) according to it.

Hmm...time to go manual finding for all the other interesting mobos, it seems.

I have an ABit IP35 Pro and currently control 6 Fans throught uGuru and the BIOS, 4 Case Fans, CPU and Pwr Supply works perfectly. Prior to this Mobo I had an ASUS P5K Deluxe (had a problem with a BIOS update so it's currently RMA'ed) it also had BIOS Fan control though not as extensive as the ABit plus it was a little flaky thus the BIOS Updates :). A little off topic but overall I found both motherboards to be excellent but I'm currently sticking with the ABit as they seem to have "Sweated the Details" a little better than the Asus.

uGuru gives you the most control of any mobo manufacturer supplied solution that I know of.
Whilst the IP35-E/IP35 don't have uGuru & can't control as many fan headers what they do have isn't bad at what it does.

my evga 680i board does to, i can control the cpu, mcp, system fan 1, aux1 and then i can turn on and off a header near the voltage reg's.

Back