Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Sprint I hate you and a question.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 12-18-07, 05:20 AM Thread Starter   #1
Adragontattoo
Trailer Chasing Senior

Location: 103 year old Victorian that I am renovat/moderniz-ing and fixing.

Sprint I hate you and a question.

ok all, I am done with Sprint, I hate them with the fury of a thousand redheaded midgets. But, due to this I can get out of my contract with no ETF.

I am looking at going to Verizon because most of my job is on it and also my father is on it.

The question I have is, does anyone have an LG enV? How do you like it? I dont need a full blown smartphone and the enV seems to be the closest to what I want without spending a few hundred just for a phone.

opinions, thoughts, cool tricks?

Classies Rules and Regs
Prices, slashes and edits
Quality over Quantity Pictures are NOT req.
Adopt an animal if you want one, dont use a breeder!
Adragontattoo is offline Author Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 06:09 AM   #2
WildMonkey

All of this will change once Google gets their telecom division up. They already started.

EVGA 8800GT
WildMonkey is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 06:42 AM Thread Starter   #3
Adragontattoo
Trailer Chasing Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMonkey View Post
All of this will change once Google gets their telecom division up. They already started.

I am not going to wait around and keep Sprint while Google gets going with their phone.

Classies Rules and Regs
Old 12-18-07, 07:25 AM   #4
shard

Sprint teh bad. Very bad.

I would suggest AT&T (cingular) or verizon. Stay away from T-Mobile in my experience.

Gigabyte Z77-D3H
G. Skill DD3 1600 8gb
EVGA 670 GTX | Asus VE248H 24" Widescreen LCD
Corsair 750TX 750w PSU
shard is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 07:31 AM   #5
torin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shard View Post
Sprint teh bad. Very bad.

I would suggest AT&T (cingular) or verizon. Stay away from T-Mobile in my experience.
I've torn my hair out over trying to get Sprint to deal with our company.

However I've never had a problem with T-mobile once they stopped being Voicestream. (Billing issues, not service issues)

Folding User Stats
BTC: 12CMeZKPnCg7nV5vgP57vSjSyshrMm67Tk
torin3 is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 07:46 AM   #6
FudgeNuggets

Sprint=Nazis, they won't let you out of a contract either without boning up at least $200. All telcos suck IMO, it's just a matter of which one.

For your amusement, a little diddy made by a friend of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdbjE9UZzc
FudgeNuggets is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 07:51 AM Thread Starter   #7
Adragontattoo
Trailer Chasing Senior

The final straw was when I went online to pay my bill and Sprint decided to make it more difficult then contacting a credit agency or a bank.

8(?) digit PIN
UN must have letters (lower and upper) numbers and must be of an arbitrarily chosen length.
Secret answer to a premade question
and your cell number
plus your acct number

whereas, if I call my bank regarding my credit card, car payment or account inquiry I have to provide a portion of my SSN, the last deposit, how many accts I have and how long I have had them.

Sprints reasoning for the change is for "security" reasons, no one including supervisors that I have talked to has been able to give me a reason beyond that canned statement.

Dealing with the billing dept for Sprint is akin to pulling teeth from a rabid lion on meth. The last time I was automatic billpay with them they deducted 3 months worth of bills out instead of a single month, their explanation was "We will credit your acct the extra amount withdrawn"

As much as people seem to malign Verizon, I have yet to hear HALF the issues with them that I have heard with Sprint.

Classies Rules and Regs
Old 12-18-07, 10:58 AM   #8
djrussell

my only real beef with sprint is from a few years back. it wasn't really their fault but they were jerks about it. my sis leant me her phone at night so i could call my girlfriend in another state. we talked for like 1-2 hours each night. my sister thought she had unlimited nights/weekends when in fact she only had 1000 minutes worth. so one morning she comes knocking on my door with an $800 bill!!! it was $.40/overage minute. we talked to sprint to see what we could work out. all they would do was take $300 off for signing a 3 year contract. the thing that really ****ed me off is that she had an outdated plan. sprint offered the same thing for the same price but with unlimited N/W minutes. they wouldn't change it retroactively and kept saying "no, the minutes are already spent." i know the situation is mainly due to my sister not checking her bills or knowing her plan, dealing with sprint was horrible though.

all that said, i use them today cause i get a discount through work. i pay my bill every month and don't have a problem. i still like to write checks. it costs extra in postage but i don't like the company having access to my bank account in case we disagree on something.

i used tmobile for a couple years and never had a problem with the company itself. my apartment was right in a dead zone with them though so i had to change. i got a great deal on the phone/contract too on amazon. i ended up $100 in the black after signing a 1 year contract and getting rebates back.

seagate 'cudas 80gb + 500gb
rosewill stallion 500w
raidmax sagitta case
powercolor HD3870 PCS
djrussell is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 03:07 PM   #9
zexmarquies01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adragontattoo View Post
The question I have is, does anyone have an LG enV? How do you like it? I dont need a full blown smartphone and the enV seems to be the closest to what I want without spending a few hundred just for a phone.

opinions, thoughts, cool tricks?

Well, my Mom, Dad, and Brother all have that phone, and their all in love with it. My brother loves it because its soooooooo much easier for text messages, which he does ALOT.

My parents like it because it takes pretty good photo's, Has good Audio quality for all their ring tones. And it is bult better than the Razor phones that they had before this. The Razor phones to them, felt cheap, and was a pain to use. Also, my dad is 6'5" tall, and about 380 pounds. The Razor phone does not work well in the pocket of someone that big.

I'v messed with their phones a bit, and the navigation is pretty easy. And the dual screens is nice. And you can have separate backgrounds for each screen.

Also, the phone is pretty loud on its Max volume, making it easy to hear when someone is calling you.

Also with Verizon, its easy as hell to send pictures to your phone. As long as you can accept Pictures messages, you can use your E-mail to send yourself pictures to use as your backgrounds.

And, there's a butt-load of sites that will allow you to send free Ringtones to your phones. Which they did, and it all worked easily, and without much hassle.

Other than that...not a whole lot else i can comment on about that phone. As I myself don't own one.

But, if you have any questions about it, Just ask. And i'll relay the question(s) to my family, and reply back with their reply.

EVGA GTX 460
HAF 932 Tower

"Talking about how fast you beat a game is like talking about how fast you are in bed."
Do you like Anime? Then join the OCF anime club! OCF Anime Club Click here, and click JOIN!
zexmarquies01 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 03:35 PM   #10
Mooyo

I just got that phone literally 2 days ago. Haven't had a lot of time to play around with it yet as I've had to take finals for school but I'm definitely a fan.

Scares the heck out of people to have the phone read text messages to you though, heh.

Several PC's, ranging from my original 3800x2 to my current Q6700. I'll update this eventually.
Mooyo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 03:38 PM   #11
Xenocide

im not sure what your talking about. Sprint might be bad, but they are LIGHTYEARS better than verizon.

Old 12-18-07, 05:26 PM Thread Starter   #12
Adragontattoo
Trailer Chasing Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
im not sure what your talking about. Sprint might be bad, but they are LIGHTYEARS better than verizon.
In what way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexmarquies01 View Post
Well, my Mom, Dad, and Brother all have that phone, and their all in love with it. My brother loves it because its soooooooo much easier for text messages, which he does ALOT.

My parents like it because it takes pretty good photo's, Has good Audio quality for all their ring tones. And it is bult better than the Razor phones that they had before this. The Razor phones to them, felt cheap, and was a pain to use. Also, my dad is 6'5" tall, and about 380 pounds. The Razor phone does not work well in the pocket of someone that big.

I'v messed with their phones a bit, and the navigation is pretty easy. And the dual screens is nice. And you can have separate backgrounds for each screen.

Also, the phone is pretty loud on its Max volume, making it easy to hear when someone is calling you.

Also with Verizon, its easy as hell to send pictures to your phone. As long as you can accept Pictures messages, you can use your E-mail to send yourself pictures to use as your backgrounds.

And, there's a butt-load of sites that will allow you to send free Ringtones to your phones. Which they did, and it all worked easily, and without much hassle.

Other than that...not a whole lot else i can comment on about that phone. As I myself don't own one.

But, if you have any questions about it, Just ask. And i'll relay the question(s) to my family, and reply back with their reply.

Does anyone use it for work emails or regular email? I dislike IM/texting ON A PHONE (just like I dislike calling people on a computer)

Classies Rules and Regs
Old 12-18-07, 05:42 PM   #13
Rattle

sprint is BS I have gone to the BBB on them and I am fighting them over something that happened 6 months ago when they shut off my phone. I called them and they said they terminated the contract and i was free to go to another carrier. I then get a bill for $250.

I never missed a bill, always paid on time, ALWAYS never once was I late.

I dont even have words to describe sprint, but I hope they DIE IN FIRE

HEAT
Rattle is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 06:07 PM   #14
zexmarquies01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adragontattoo View Post
Does anyone use it for work emails or regular email? I dislike IM/texting ON A PHONE (just like I dislike calling people on a computer)

No, My family isn't big on e-mails, and none of them use it for work related stuff either. so far, they only really text and picture message people.

But, the keypad is much easier to type on, so if you do need to e-mail someone, it will be MUCH easier to use that keypad, Versus the typical texting using the numeric pads on the phones.

EVGA GTX 460
HAF 932 Tower

"Talking about how fast you beat a game is like talking about how fast you are in bed."
Do you like Anime? Then join the OCF anime club! OCF Anime Club Click here, and click JOIN!
zexmarquies01 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-19-07, 12:36 PM Thread Starter   #15
Adragontattoo
Trailer Chasing Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexmarquies01 View Post
No, My family isn't big on e-mails, and none of them use it for work related stuff either. so far, they only really text and picture message people.

But, the keypad is much easier to type on, so if you do need to e-mail someone, it will be MUCH easier to use that keypad, Versus the typical texting using the numeric pads on the phones.

that makes sense, I was offered an older crackberry for free and possibly a treo for free as well but either one will be used and may be more then I need/want in a phone. I will probably just grab the enV and go from there.

Classies Rules and Regs
Old 12-20-07, 10:58 PM Thread Starter   #16
Adragontattoo
Trailer Chasing Senior

Well I ended up going with a Moto Q instead as the enV wasnt able to sync with email for work.

other then it taking 5 hours for them to release my number so I could port it over to Verizon I am happy.

Now to figure out what all I can do to this phone to personalize it.

HACK TIME!!!

Classies Rules and Regs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.