• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32X compared to ABIT AN9 32X?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StoneRyno

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...pareItemList=N82E16813127003,N82E16813127237R

I hope the above link works. Its a side by side compare of the ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32X and ABIT AN9 32X. I'm not sure I'm seeing what the difference is between the two. I had in my wish list the Fatal1ty but its been out of stock for quite some time not that it matters that it was out of stock because I hadn't the money yet. But I am at the point where I have the money to buy the last parts, so I checked to see if the mobo was in stock to see there is open box of the Fatal1ty available and also the other. I'm not sure I am keen on getting something that is open box. And I have no clue when the other will be back in stock because when newegg removes something from their catalog it usually means quite a while before there will be more in stock.

Looking some more at different places. I've noticed the Fatal1ty has fans on the back labeled rear I/O fans in the pics on newegg. The other doesn't but it does have an external SATA connector in addition to the 6 internal. Other than that is there anything I'm missing, or would either mobo be fine. Basically other than these two feature differences are they identical in performance.

Fatality also has LEDs circling the perimeter... woohoo. No difference in performance though.

In addition to the e-SATA port, there's also another SATA port on the straight AN9 32X, both controlled by a SI 3132.

I bought one last October... been a good board for me.

Aside from the Fatal1ty's LEDs along the perimeter for the visual fluff then feature wise the other is better if you want the extra SATA ports. Otherwise I'm thinking just getting the other since the Fatal1ty has been out of stock for far too long. Robbman I assume you mean you got the AN9 32x and not the fatal1ty version?

Yep... straight AN9 32X. I had some teething issues (BIOS CMOS was corrupt) which led me to give it a poor review where I bought it. If you need a CMOS, I've got an extra (Abit sent me two)

I seriously doubt you'll have this problem, but just in case:

If the board won't boot the very first time (IIRC, you'll get a CF BIOS code), hit reset, if it doesn't boot again, try it once more. If it still doesnt boot, use another power supply to power the 4-pin Molex on the motherboard and any drives, with the highest rated PS powering the 24-pin and 4-pin connectors. Turn both on, if still no boot, hit reset (if still no boot... you're CMOS is most likely dead). Once the board boots for the first time and you can access the BIOS, reset and flash it to the latest version (which is 1.7 now).

Weird... but that's what I had to do even after getting a new CMOS... and I had a 530W PS at the time (powering all of one hard drive, one optical drive, a 7300GT, a 4000+ X2, and 2Gb of RAM)

If you plan on using RAID, all the drivers are on floppies (when will they realize it's not 1991 anymore). It's easier to just make a boot CD with the latest drivers anyway...

LOL floppies. PCs don't even come with floppy drives any more. Heck I'm not even sure if floppies are manufactured any more. Totally agreed that companies need to get with the times and put everything on CDs. :)

I went to order the stuff today to find out now the video card is out of stock GRRRR!!!!

Fatal1ty AN9 32X is eol so I wouldn't expect Newegg to get more.

The main differences are the colour scheme/LEDs & cooling on the Fatal1ty & the extra SATA/eSATA on the standard.

Back