• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max voltages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sto!en.

Registered
Hey, sorry if this is the wrong forum, it seemed the most appropriate. =(

Anywho, i'm in the process of trying to get a fairly high stable 24/7 clock on my aircooled e6600.

Assuming cooling isn't a factor, or one that won't be an issue, what are the max voltages i want to go up to on my:

CPUCore
DDR2 Voltage
VTT
and NB.

Bear in mind this is a 24/7 OC and i want my components to live for at least a year or so running @ these voltages. (So long as everything runs fine ofc :p)

Unrelated Q that you get bonus points for answering.
Best fan size to cool a toasty NB HS?

Thanks.
Sto!en.

i think this would be better answered in the cpu section as it's just changing the voltage in the bios. this selection is more so for physically modding things to get a higher voltage.

anyway i am pretty sure the dual cores can go up to 1.6v but i would not run that 24/7, the max i would go i think its 1.45.

for the ram i think 2.3 is the cut off depending on ram but i would only go to 2.2 myself for a 24/7 thing.

not sure what VVT is and for the NB i have mine at 1.3 i believe. as for the fan question i would change out the thermal paste with some AS5 if you haven't already and maybe get a 60mm or bigger blowing at it. maybe upgrade to the thermalright hr-05 series. yate loons are good inexpensive fans.

Back