• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System shut down.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trigger_andy

Registered
Hey, OK I have a major problem with my PC just now. When I hit the power up button on the front of the case the system will start to power up, the fan's kick in but after a second or two the whole lot shuts down. The MoBo (ASUS) still has its green power light but when I go to hit the power up button again nothing happens. I have to wait a while, maybe turn the power off and drain the residual power before it will kick-in and the repeat the above proccess. I'm running Vista 64, ASUS MoBo, XFX 7900gt. 4800AM2 Dual Core and 2 gig of generic RAM. Any help would be much appreciated.

Andy

Hey,
thanks for the reply! I have just tried to clear the CMOS as you sujested. But alas, no luck! Could it be a Hard Drive problem? As the MoBo seem's to be getting power. IS there a way to test the Power Supply to see if it's that that is goosed?

I see in your sig that you're running a 450W PSU... the manual recommends only ATX 2.0 power supplies be used with the M2N32-SLI DLX, and preferably something in the 500W range. Also, next to the primary PCI-E x16 slot there's a four-pin 12V power socket... which in addition to the 24-pin power connector needs power supplied to it.

Thanks for the reply! I have just gone and bought a Coolmaster eXtream power 650 watt ATX 12v v2.01. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116522 Off off the back of your advice and sharp eyes! But I thought I'd make sure it's gonna be Ok. what do ya think?

And I did have the 4 pin connected, thanks for the head's up though!

Back