• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows encrption problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

megadeath900

Disabled
So awhile back I encrypted a large folder full of things I value. I only really encrypted them so I could learn how to use windows encryption. Well recently I have reinstalled windows and I can't access them now. I've tried Advanced EFS data recovery and had no such luck. Can anyone help me?

Did you make a backup of your encryption key before reinstalling? If not, I'm not sure what you will be able to do. That is why they warn you many times to make a backup of the key, when you set it up.

Did you make a backup of your encryption key before reinstalling? If not, I'm not sure what you will be able to do. That is why they warn you many times to make a backup of the key, when you set it up.

There has to be something I can do.

Elcomsoft makes a product that is supposed to be able to get into it, but I have never used it. It's not free, nor cheap, however.

I don't really know if it will fair any better than AEFSDR though.

Elcomsoft makes a product that is supposed to be able to get into it, but I have never used it. It's not free, nor cheap, however.

I don't really know if it will fair any better than AEFSDR though.

I tried AEFSDR and had no such luck. But I will try the elcomsoft product.

Back