• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My stab at watercooling....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speed_Freak

It's been a long time since I've been to ocforums. During college I had not the time nor the money to build a new rig, had to just live with the laptop. But now that I'm graduating and becoming a "big kid", I have a slight bit of money to burn. I've always wanted to get into watercooling, so I decided now is as good a time as any! Here are the components I've ordered via our friends at newegg after I completed my research (it should be noted that I could not completely shed the poor college kid habits and still strived for a good performance to dollar ratio):

Mobo: ABIT IP35 Pro
CPU: Q6600
VGA: Leadtek 8800GT
PSU: OCZ 700W GameXStream
RAM: 2 x 1GB PC2 8500 DDR2
HD: SATA WD 320GB 7200RPM
Case: Antec P182

The watercooling components I've ordered so far:

Pump: Swiftech MCP655-B
Rad: Swiftech MCR-220
Res: Swiftech micro-res
CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee GT

I have not yet decided on which GPU block to use to cool the 8800GT, to be completely honest, I'm not even sure what will fit. Guess I still have homework to do. If anybody has any suggestions that would be much appreciated.

The overall goal is to have a cooling solution superior to air that will allow room for overclocking should I desire it. Ideally the setup should not be too noisy and also be aesthetically pleasing(hopefully I can fit everything in the case). The last requirement will most certainly require case modding, but thats what the drill and dremel are for no?

The parts should be here early next week so I'll get to work on it once christmas is over. I'll be sure to post my progress and document everything with plenty of pictures. Until next time....

Fuzion would do better than that block and I would try to squeeze a 3x120 in there. Anxious to see results.

--pak

Back