• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 Motherboard quality control issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drydog

Hi All:

I have been busy researching my next build. To date I have always used AMD for all of my projects.

Since I have been out of the loop the last five years, I thought it smart to do some research.

There is one thing that is pushing me in the direction of Intel. Their seemingly superior customer satisfaction rate Vs that of the comparable AMD MB's.

When you go to Newegg and search Asus, Abit, and Gigabyte, The Intel boards seem to have the advantage of customer satisfaction.

The last one I used was the Abit NF-7-S V2.

Could there be that big of a difference in QC between the Intel and AMD Boards??

I would love to get some feedback from those of you who have used the newer AM2 boards made by the above named vendors.

I am looking for to build some time in January.

Respects and Happy holidays
DD

I haven't seen alot of issues with AMD motherboards. While I don't dismiss the reviews on Newegg I do tend to take them with a grain of salt.

price price price.

thats the only thing. i think people want a good mobo that OCs like crazy thats dirt cheap. if u want to go the cheap end go AMD.
I have had a biostar T550SE that had a bad IDE channel but was great for OCing. I have a MSI K9N SLI P that OC nice but lacks some of OCing that the Biostar did. if you want pure hard core speed go with intel. you will pay. and i think intel has a socket change coming up. if you want AMD get the new AM2+ mobo and run a older chip so when they come out with a good quad core or when the come down in price more u can have a good system.

I have a 5600+ thats OC and its fast. I see no need for me to go with intel at this point cause of what i have and the gain i will get. if i was building a new system then i might.

hope this kind of helps.

Also, not everyone who buys a board can remember to post a review about it at newegg. Honestly, go with what you like. Or do what I do.

I contacted the motherboard I wanted manufacturer and they were quick to respond to every question I asked them. AMD always gets back to me within 12 hours of sending them an email. Their processors come with a 3 year retail warranty. Their technology is ever expanding. I mean there isn't an honest reason IMO why I wouldn't use an AMD processor. I won't use an ATI card but I'll stay with AMD :D

So you just have to find the specifics of what you're looking for and investigate in it. Find yourself an intel mobo and processor that you need some questions answered about and ask their service. Do the same for AMD? Now that's the QC for which you should be looking.

Back