• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate F1 query

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pascalbrown

I've got a quick query regarding the performance of the various sizes of these drives. I realise that the 1TB drive has a 3 platter design, but what about the 750GB one? Does anyone have any links for performance reviews? I've been led to believe these are the best large capacity SATA drives around but I'm all ears if someone can give me any other good advice. Thanks

Only the 1TB drive currently uses the 334GB platters (they haven't gotten around to filling in the lower capacities yet :()

Uh - The Samsung brand is the "F-1 Spinpoint" - the Seagate brand equivalent is the 7200.11...

:cool:

750GB is supposed to also be 3 platters, just with less capacity per platter than the 1TB.

At some point they'll have 640 and 320 models which will have 2 and 1 platter respectively. However, considering that they announced the F1 line back in June and are only now actually releasing any drives, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Samsung F1 Product Page

Back