• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolbits/Drivers problem with GeForce FX 5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Handmedown

Card: GeForce FX 5200

I went to nVidia and updated my drivers to the most recent, and then downloaded coolbits and installed it, on rebooting my computer loads fine (shows the desktop and all), however the mouse does not work, neither does the keyboard. The mouse cursor on the screen is stuck in the hourglass position.

I am presuming it has something to do with coolbits, because I rebooted after installing the drivers and it was working fine. I have no idea how to fix it, and can't think of anything as I can't get at any files because of mouse/keyboard problems.

Ouch, id try rebooting into safe mode and un-installing the drivers. coolbits doesnt work anymore with the newest forceware too well anyway, u gotta apply a classic control panel fix and even then a few things dont work quite right. Just use rivatuner i broke down and did and its actually pretty nice.

Thanks, I went into safe mode and deleted the coolbits registry entry and that worked.

Back