• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

retail stores that sell PSU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade11

I'd rather not wait for an online order if I don't have to. What are some retail stores that sell PSU's?

So far only Comp USA comes to mind.

Well if Comp USA is the only thing that comes to mind you must not have a microcenter or a Fry's near you.

Circuit City's around me have the antec earthwatts 500w and a few other things. A Bestbuy near me also had the Antec truepower trio 430w but beyond that nothing else i'd feel comfortable with in a rig of mine.

Best Buy carries a few including the BFG ones, and Antec. That's all that comes to mind that is pretty much nationwide.

i found the earth watts 500 at a local best buy.... thats pretty good right?

As long as we aren't talking SLI, definitely ;)

yea no SLI

my system is a E2160 oc'd to 3 gigs
gigabyte p35-ds3l motherboard
8800GT
1 hard drive
1 dvd-rom
CM-690 case

do you think i can get away with the truepower trio 430 or just play it safe and go earth watts 500?

Last edited:
If they have the Earthwatts 430w, you might even want to go with that to save a few bucks. I have one and my rig is very similar to yours. The 430w will run the 8800gt too.

If they have the Earthwatts 430w, you might even want to go with that to save a few bucks. I have one and my rig is very similar to yours. The 430w will run the 8800gt too.

they do not carry the earthwatts 430

they carry the truepower trio 430, what do you think about that one?

If they don't have the Earthwatts 430 just grab the Earthwatts 500. It never hurts to have a little bit of extra power in case you decide to upgrade something in the future.

If they don't have the Earthwatts 430 just grab the Earthwatts 500. It never hurts to have a little bit of extra power in case you decide to upgrade something in the future.

so can I assume from your response that the truepower trio 430 is not a good PSU?

Back